Alcaraz

Reaction score
AC-Milan.png

Club Name: AC Milan

Year Founded: 1899

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Stadium Name: San Siro

Stadium Capacity: 87074 all-seater

Stadium Condition: Good

Youth Facilities: Excellent Youth Facilities + Youth Academy

Youth Recruitment: Well-Established Youth Recruitment

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Club Legends: Marco Van Basten, Paolo Maldini, Franco Baresi

Fierce Rivals: Juventus, Roma, Inter Milan, Genoa, Lazio

Other Rivals: Sampdoria, Atlanta, Verona, Livorno, Caligari, Napoli, Fiorentina

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Introduction

Despie posessing facilites that many other clubs would envy, AC Milan has always been critcized and rightly so for it overage and overpaid footballing squad and its dearth of quality Coaches. The Situation is not made any better by the fact that the Owner refuses to provide the new manager with any sort of transfer budget that can combat this problem thus forcing him to sell if he wants to buy.

Despite the several critics of the squad, there is no doubt that it is filled with quite a few quality players some of whom you should look to keep in your starting line-up no matter what formation you choose to play:

Allesandro Nesta- CB

T
his guy is an AC Milan Legend, Although he is not the best CB around and he will only get worse at his age, he is solid at the back if you play him in an uncomplicated and simple role and he is also a inspirational captian

alessandro-nesta.jpg

Gennaro Gattuso- DMC/MC

This guy is phenonmenal. His work rate and stamina is amazing and he can run all day. He can easily break up oppositions play and you always find him being the one to get the ball from the opposition. Play him as a Ball-Winning Midfielder or Defensive Midfielder.

Andrea Pirlo- DMC/MC

There is no doubt in my mind that Andrea Pirlo is one of the best passers in the game. His vision and creativity makes Deep-Lying Playmaker to be his ideal role so that he has enough space and time to work his magic! If you do not intend to play him in your team, I suggest you stop reading this Guide now!

Zlatan Ibrahimovic-St

I

bra is one of the best strikers in the game today due to his all round attributes. He can play in any role and still destroy the opposition,. Its important to praise him alot to make sure that attitude of his is kept in check but if you suceed in making sure he has a high morale every game then he will destroy any team in the league for you.

Housekeeping

Sadly you are given no transfer budget at the start of the season no matter what aim you chose although you are given a sizeable wage budget of 3.8 million due to some of the monstrous wages some of your team have. This will have to change right away.

Also as soon as you start the game, request the board to improve the Youth Facilities, they will accept your offer and when it finishes, you will be developing some of the best regens in the world.

Goalkeepers:

Christian Abbiati

Flavio Roma

Marco Amelia ( On Loan from Genoa)

A very decent position which is ageing but does not need strengthening in the first season. Abbiati is solid between the posts while Roma is more than a capable back-up. I usually sell Roma off and buy Carlos Kameni in the second season to groom him into my future Starting Goalkeeper.

In:

Carlos Kameni (Second Season)

Out:

Flavvio Roma (Second Season)

Right-Backs:

Gianlucca Zambrotta

Daniele Bonera

Massimo Oddo

Sokratis Papasthathopolous

Luca Antonini

Bruno Montelongo ( On Loan from River Plate)

One of the positions AC Milan have real strength in depth, Zambrotta will be your starter here while Oddo is your back-up as Sokratis and Bonera are natural CBs.

However they provide adequate cover when needed. However Zambrotta eats up a lot of your wages hence I sell him in January or my second season and buy Diego Renan when the Chairman will actually provide me with a good transfer budget. However it is up to you as to when you want to sell him.

I also terminate the loan of Bruno Montelongo as he is not fantastic and will hardly add much to the squad plus he is also a non-EU National so he is uneccesarily taking up that coveted Non-EU National spot

Oddo always eats up too much wages for a back-up so I try to sell him as soon as I can and get a decent back-up on loan or tansfer such as Van Der Wiel

0210jaha32.jpg

In:

Diego Renan

Gregory Van Der Wiel

Out:

Gianlucca Zambrotta

Massimo Oddo

Centre-Backs:

Alessandro Nesta

Thiago Silva

Sokratis Papastatthopolous

Oguchi Onyewu

Daniele Bonera

Mario Yepes

An overfilled position which you can definetly look to sell players off from. Oguchi is useless and eats up sizeable wages, sell him as fast as possible. Daniele Bonera can be kept as he provides cover for two positions but its up to you. No strengthening needed in this position until Alessandro Nesta calls it quits.

In:

Nobody

Out:

Oguchi Onyewu

Daniele Bonera?

Mario Yepes

Left-Backs

Gianlucca Zambrotta

Luca Antonini

Marek Jankulovski

This is a position which should be your top priority in the transfer market. Zambrotta is already covering the Right Back position while Luca Antonini and Jankulovski are nowehere near close enough to having the quality to be a first-teamer. I recommend selling of Jankulovski as he is old and will hardly be of much use and buying Dodo and rotating him with Luca Antonini for the position.

Dodo is cheap and in a few years time will have the ability to becoming your starting Left-Back so there is no need to worry here

In:

Dodo

Out:

Marek Jankulovski

Central Midfielders

Andrea Pirlo

Gennarro Gattuso

Massimo Ambrosini

Mathieu Flamini

Ronaldinho

Clarence Seedorf

Robinho

A midfield clearly packed with some of the best players in the world, only selling is required here and some of these players may be great no doubt but they eat up horrendous wages which could be used to nurture much-needed youth instead.

I immediately would sell of Mathieu Flamini and Clarence Seedorf as they are on approximately 200k p/w and to be honest there are much better and younger players availiable on the market who would come for less.

Ronaldinho is also on wages which are a tad too high on 300k p/w although for sentimental reasons I keep him for the first season before selling him off. Although this choice is up to you as he is one of the clubs top earners and he is hardly young.

Pirlo, Ambrosini and Gattuso should be your main men here, please do not even think of selling them off anytime soon.

To cover for Ronaldinho, I usually buy Paulo Henrique who becomes one of the best AMCs in the game and I buy Marco Verratti who if developed properly develops into a beast of a player and is quite cheap too

In:

Paulo Henrique

Marco Verratti

Out:

Clarence Seedorf

Mathieu Flamini

Gennaro-Gattuso.jpg

Wingers

Ignazio Abate

Ronaldinho

Alexandrae Pato

I would suggest that you play narrow tactics without Wingers as Ignazio Abate is the only player who is natural in a Winger position in your squad. Atleast 3-4 more players will be needed if you want to play this position as Ronaldinho and Pato will not achieve much if you play them out of position and they are among your best players

Plus the money you spend on prospective wingers will be better used investing in Youth for the Club hence my suggestion is to stick to the narrow formation AC Milan are renowned for.

I would usually sell or loan off Ignazio Abate as he will not offer much in a narrow tactic

In:

Nobody

Out:

Ignazio Abate

Strikers

Zlatan Ibrahimovic

Alexandrae Pato

Filippo Inzaghi

Robinho

You probably have the best striker force in Serie A. Nobody can doubt the quality of Pato and Ibrahimovic and they complement each other perfectly. Robinho is great cover and can recreate his old magic on occassion

However Inzaghi has all but hung up his boots and should be loaned or sold at the first opportunity. In his place I will suggest the popular Vaclav Kadlec who turns into the best striker in the world if developed right and is a similar player to Pato

In:

Vaclav Kadlec

Out:

Filippo Inzaghi

Zlatan+Ibrahimovic+AC+Milan+v+Lecce+Serie+9Lda6BP6D1Ql.jpg

Last edited:
i really dont like the style u used for making this guide, but its a good guide for new players

Good guide but you should include staff and youth players.

will take that into consideration, thanks mate :)

Haven't read it as I don't intend to start a Milan save, but you should put in more FM screenshots.

Verratti won't develop into an amazing player due to a static potential ability value which is not that great.

i using milan too,this team is oldest among the league (CMIIW),and their wage is suck,but their mental attributes is very good and i think we may keep them for tutoring the younger as they dont play very bad like seedorf,flamini, i can still winning serie A trophy using the based team and i looking to build a younger team with the older tutoring them. Especially in 11.3.0 there are cassano,bommel and emanuelson, and i dont think we need a more wb as we can employ abate and emanuelson just train them to play in wb role.and we may train verdi in striker role,as he may quietly useful in future. :D

Solid guide, could do with some screenshots and more advice on staff.

I usually retrain Abate as a right back with great results due to the strength of the midfield in ball winning/retention. He has good pace and workrate and I have not needed to replace him. Lichtsteiner is usually available on loan for 1.4 mil if you need a cheap stand in right back who will deliver a 7+ average rating and provide good width and workrate. I play usually 41212 with Ambrosini and Gattuso holding the center and Clarence behind the front 2, I have always found him a top player despite the high wages and also I like him because he's still awesome despite ditching the dreads..

Good guide, some great suggestions on transfers in/out but doesn't seem to have info on training facilities and staff

AC Milan do have that big loan to pay off too right?

Should of included on suggested Tactics, Training and Staff's In(s)/Out(s)