Adnan Khan

Reaction score
Hey this is my first post and it may sound crazy..... I have a bunch of stars, so give me a formation maybe...
I'm into the second season with AC Milan..won the Serie A...but lost the quarter-finals and semi-finals of Italian cup and euro Cup to Inter and Barca respectively..I played a narrow Diamond with wingbacks. The problem was I felt hard playing against fast counter-attacking teams and fast top league teams. I played a short passing game. without focus passing and Ibra as the target man. Here is the team i played with last year.

Ibrahimovich Pato
CF(a) AF

Robinho
T

Van Bommel Kevin Prince
BWM(s) BBM

Balzaretti Gattusso Abate
WB(s) A WB(s)

Vartonghen Nesta
BPD(c) CD(d)

Abiatti
GK

I have $35 Million left. Nesta retired. Heinze replaced him(Free Transfer). I have got $15 Million offer for nocerino. Should I sell him? And Which players should I buy? Here are few of my stars. Please give me some new tactics and recommend any new signings I should make.
fm 2012-09-03 15-25-33-83 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Please check all the photos in the album

EDIT:
By the way is the following tactic a gud Idea

Ibrahimovich
TM(s)
Pato
AF
Robinho/Ilicic
AMCL/AMCR
IF(a)
Van Bommel
BWM(d)
Kevin-Prince
DLP(s)
Balzaretti/Abate
WB(a)
Vartonghen
BPD(d)
Heinze
CD(x)

Passing Style-Short
Press More
Quick Tempo

I have no experience playing a 4-2-2-2 formation or the inside forwards... But Ilicic has tremendous long shoot ability so thought of adding IF by looking at the attributes needed..... Please look at the players I have and tell whether the tactic is of any good or any other better tactic...Or are there few players I could buy with my transfer budget to make it work???

Last edited:
I think you should sell him and then get a world class player like dede.

There isn't much wrong with your tactics I recommend pushing the WBs down to the FB slot and sign Andrea Poli as he's a quality BBM. Also drop back your defensive line a couple of notches as well as focusing your passing through the middle.

There isn't much wrong with your tactics I recommend pushing the WBs down to the FB slot and sign Andrea Poli as he's a quality BBM. Also drop back your defensive line a couple of notches as well as focusing your passing through the middle.
What role should I assign to them WB or FB and should I look for overlap???

What role should I assign to them WB or FB and should I look for overlap???
If you set them to WB I'd set them to defend if FB I'd use support, if they are more of a wing back use them as wing backs if not use them as full backs. I don't think look for overlap will make much difference as it means that they will look to get ahead of the wingers for another attacking option and you don't have any wingers.

If you set them to WB I'd set them to defend if FB I'd use support, if they are more of a wing back use them as wing backs if not use them as full backs. I don't think look for overlap will make much difference as it means that they will look to get ahead of the wingers for another attacking option and you don't have any wingers.

Thanks a lot....n by the way... I was looking for a 4-2-2-2 With Robinho and Ilicic as Inside Forwards. Is it a gud Idea

Thanks a lot....n by the way... I was looking for a 4-2-2-2 With Robinho and Ilicic as Inside Forwards. Is it a gud Idea
Ilicic would need a lot of work on his agility and acceleration for that and possibly a bit more first touch and Dribbling, also if counter attacks and top teams are causing you problems you will have the same problem as last time, your tactic has too many players in too advanced positions, giving the opposition space.

I would always set your RB and LB to FB Support, alot of italian teams play through the middle and overload the centre of the park, by setting them to support it will allow less pressure on the midfield and still cover both your wings.

Keep Nocerino, He will fill in for van Bommel as he is old and allow cover, I would maybe set KP Bo as a DLP support, this will encourage Pato to drop deeper and create space for Robinho and Ibra to link up, Set Ibra as a Poacher or AF and Pato as a DLF Attack.

Last edited:
You can look at my edited post and figure out what I meant

I would always set your RB and LB to FB Support, alot of italian teams play through the middle and overload the centre of the park, by setting them to support it will allow less pressure on the midfield and still cover both your wings.

Keep Nocerino, He will fill in for van Bommel as he is old and allow cover, I would maybe set KP Bo as a DLP support, this will encourage Pato to drop deeper and create space for Robinho and Ibra to link up, Set Ibra as a Poacher or AF and Pato as a DLF Attack.

Ibra has better Passing, Creativity,Decisions,Strength and Long Shot abilities, Pato on the other hand has better Speed and Composure...plus Ibra is not a team player, so he'd shoot the ball himself if the opportunity arises.. So don't you think its better to put Ibra in the support n Pato in AF

If Ibra isnt a team player why would you set him as DLF? have him as a Poacher and Pato as a DLF Attack.

Well that's my advice anyway, I aint here to convince you otherwise mate, Bare in mind i have played this game from when it was Champ Manager 3, before the days of 3d, 2d pitches and the spoonfeeding of player roles.

Pato has better work rate, team work and determination, Ibra has better off the Ball, Balance and Finishing which means he can hold of defenders, find the space and score goals. IMHO I think this would be an amazing partnership, buts that's my opinion.

I didn't mean to be harsh and I'm not saying you don't have a point.. I just said my point of view..And sorry if I have hurt your feelings...by the way what is IMHO???

Don't apologize mate, just in future don't ask for advice and then try argue the point with someone sharing their experience.

Didn't know you were so experienced....thought the argument would help both our game and learn new possibilities.