AlexRed

Reaction score
Hello :)

I'm in my first season, January transfer window. As Inzaghi is 37 years old and currently my only traditional striker in backup I'm looking for a cheap, reliable striker who will be happy to sit on the bench as the deputy of Ibrahimovic. I dont really care about age too much, just so long as he has a good few years service still in him. In my current system, generally switching between 4-2-3-1 and 4-3-3, Ibra is the lone striker, with Pato/Robinho/Ronaldinho playing more withdrawn roles.

I only have £7 million so I do need a bargain.

Also as a sidenote, maybe not this season, but certainly next, Ambrosini will have to go. Will Gattuso and Flamini be enough or would it be wise to bring in another midfielder to play alongside Pirlo? AC Milan's finances are terrible on this game and I feel I'll need to buy sparingly.

i think you got enough with ibra, binho, dinho, pato rotating tbh as pato n binho can play ST.. also cassano just sign IRL so maybe try sign him on game

If I was you I'd save your money to strengthen other areas of your squad. I mean for strikers you have Robinho, Ronaldinho, Pato. Most clubs only really need 3-4 strikers especially if your playing the lone striker. Try just saving your money and maybe keep checking the transfer list and hope someone decent goes on there relatively cheap. I usually see Luis Suarez on there at the end of the 1st season.

I think you should go for Sanogo. He's relatively cheap and should be available for your bugdet. But I too believe that for now you have quite an attacking force, so do try to think about the rest of the squad, too.
About the midfield, I think they'll last a bit longer than one season, so you don't have any major concerns there. However, the defence is pretty old, so you should primarily be thinking of getting a CB and RB, as neither Nesta nor Zambrotta are getting younger. A CB would be the primary concern, so you should look into buying Galeano, Sakho or maybe even Zapata. See who's available for the least money but even if they are all too expensive, pay on monthly installments, it's a must-do...

i think you got enough with ibra, binho, dinho, pato rotating tbh as pato n binho can play ST.. also cassano just sign IRL so maybe try sign him on game

Hmm, I think you and others may well be right. If Ibra is ever injured I can quite easily move any of the Brazilian trio forward and use Boateng on the wings.

I also agree that the defence is badly bloated with old/average players.

Yepes, Onyewu and Oddo will be the first to go come January, none of them have played a game yet and are now serving only to take up space on my wage budget. Jankulovksi's days are also numbered. I feel Bonera can remain as adequate backup.

I'll have a look around for some centre backs then. Are Thiago Silva or Sokratis (the Greek kid) able to make the grade?

Thanks for all the help guys :)