AC Milan's Greatest Ever Player

AC Milan's Greatest Ever Player

• Total voters

KingSheva

Reaction score
I have been delaying my first post for a while as i am new to the site. I finally thought there was no better way to introduce myself than with a discussion about my favourite team AC Milan.

The team with the most european trophies in history has ofcourse had many great players over the years but a few have earned iconic status among the rossoneri faithful. Who do you think is the greatest of them all ?

Maldini gets my vote. Such a fantastic defender, model professional too.

Paulo Maldini should win this hands down, one club man and a family history embedded in the club so he is the obvious standout.

*+What Nick said about his ever present professionalism and adaptability to change his game as age/factors changed as to his role (He started life as a LW), he always adapted accordingly which is why he is such a fantastic footballer.

Last edited:
The players i have watched, Maldini.

Past videos: Baresi.

Maldini.

Van Basten could've been given the vote if he didn't retire so early. He was out of this world.

Gianni Riviera must be in with a shout as well, but him Baresi, Maldini, Costacurta etc are in a different class to some of the others so much as Milan legends goes. Riviera played over 600 games for them won 3 Serie A titles, 4 Coppa Italias, 2 champions league titles, 2 European supercups and one World club cup all with his 600 game stint at Milan (Also won the 1969 Ballon D'or)....Now that's impressive and most of the recent ones haven't got a patch on him/Baresi/Maldini.

Outside bet as well is former World/European footballer of the year George Weah but his 5 years loyal service in my eyes is incomparable to that of Baresi, Maldini, Riviera.

**PS Who voted Shevchenko over Baresi/Maldini? Someone must be high on something...I would guess it would be the avid Shevchenko fan in the room....lol

Last edited:
Paulo Maldini should win this hands down, one club man and a family history embedded in the club so he is the obvious standout.

*+What Nick said about his ever present professionalism and adaptability to change his game as age/factors changed as to his role (He started life as a LW)

The winner was probably obvious. IL Capitano is simply in a league of his own.

Last edited:
Im a Milan fan and it has to be Maldini. Read a stat the other day that he only had to make a tackle every other game because his positioning was so good :)

Dejan Savicevic. Ofc im biased, but he was among best players of his generation. And ****, he was quick.

Dejan Savicevic. Ofc im biased, but he was among best players of his generation. And ****, he was quick.

Didnt even play 100 games at Milan though mate, cant be greatest ever Milan player ;)