accept 4-3-1-2, won league and fa cup with Crystal Palace 1st season

accept

Reaction score
Version 15.3.2
This tactic works good with Crystal Palace, and I think it can be great with better team.
Let me show you some pics.
View attachment 279891View attachment 279890
View attachment 279889View attachment 279888

I lost to Man Utd for 1:5, cause I forget to change my man marking settings, you can see how good my team played in the second game.
View attachment 279887View attachment 279886
View attachment 279884View attachment 279885

I don't use wingers, so I sold them all.
View attachment 279881

Here is some tips you have to know.
1. Don't use any OIs.
2. I used my st man marking dr/dl with default, don't change it.
3. Against 4-2-4: change dr/dl to defend.
4. Against 4-3-1-2(van gaal): use your st(left) marking the right side mc, st(right) marking the left side mc.
5. Against 5-3-2: use your st(left) marking the wbr, st(right) marking lbr.

Player suggests:
1. FB need good at acc,pace, tackle. position is a plus. Distin is good at fbr/fbl, even if he got poor crossing and dribbling.
2. CB need good at position, tackle, marking, heading, pace, acc,jumping. If your cbs got both low acc, pace, it's will be a tragedy when playing against the good teams.

Training:
1. Preseason: Team conhension, match tactic
2. In Season: Balance average, attacking movement. If play away games withchelsea, man city, man utd, arsenal, tott, use defence position.

View attachment 279702View attachment 279701View attachment 279696View attachment 279695

Last edited:
I'm interested to know how the marking affected the strikers perfprmance

I'm interested to know how the marking affected the strikers perfprmance
I will upload some pics for my players.
Gayle got 4+6 weeks injuries, so I use chamark as my dlf most time, he got 19goals, 11 assists in 39 matches.
Fierro made 23goals, 9 assists in 34 matches.
st and ss gots plenty of cccs, but crystal's attackers sucks:(. I got 0:0 in a game with 10 ccs...

Gonna give this a go with Spurs in my 'Man Utd Away' test. I'll use the man marking suggestions

Sorry, but just doesn't work against Man Utd away. Losing 2-0 within 26 mins and they've cut me apart time after time with me only 1 shot. The problem is that Man U attack so fast and so by the time the strikers come back to mark the CM's, the balls already up front. I've as of yet to find a tactic that consistently gets a result away at Man U and I'm finding it absolutely ridiculous and a game killer.

I'm by no means judging this tactic as a whole but just explaining why the man marking the CM's doesn't work. Also, you have no outlet because as soon as a pass is made up front and doesn't hit one of your players, the 2 strikers are rushing back to mark the midfield.

Sorry, but just doesn't work against Man Utd away. Losing 2-0 within 26 mins and they've cut me apart time after time with me only 1 shot. The problem is that Man U attack so fast and so by the time the strikers come back to mark the CM's, the balls already up front. I've as of yet to find a tactic that consistently gets a result away at Man U and I'm finding it absolutely ridiculous and a game killer.

I'm by no means judging this tactic as a whole but just explaining why the man marking the CM's doesn't work. Also, you have no outlet because as soon as a pass is made up front and doesn't hit one of your players, the 2 strikers are rushing back to mark the midfield.
This tactic is not plug and play, you need full tactic, especially play against one of the best team in league.
If you use other tactic, the man marking setting is also different. van gaal's 4312 got very strong at midfield, make sure you have more players than him at the defence phase. If you are using 4231, I suggest let your wingers marking the mc.