Welcome!

FM Base has been serving the Football Manager community for nearly two decades and we're keen to ensure that we are here for two decades more.

Become a part of our community today, and you'll quickly realise that the Football Manager community is the best community.

Register

Access rights?

Reaction score
I got a new laptop on saturday, installed fm2008, updated the patch and played it. Then when i come back to play it now it says "You do not have sufficient access rights to run the application". Im running vista on this laptop which might be the problem because i never had it with XP, anyone have any ideas?

Whiney ***** with Sissy Girl Sperm
Reaction score
Not sure but could it be something to do with administrator rights? Doubt it as it's your PC.

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Might be something to do with User Account Control (UAC). Try disabling it and try again.

Reaction score
Nah that hasnt worked so i dont know what will, might email S.I and ask them for help, but thanks anyway guys.

Reaction score
dont count on a reply i emailed them about a problem yonks back and they never replied to me

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Post on the SI forums, will get some sort of response on there. Most probably some **** moderator telling you to use the search function but it's still worth a shot.

Reaction score
I also have vista and i have to rightclick and choose "run as admin." to get it to work

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I've never had a problem on Vista when playing it.

Reaction score
I've never had any problems with FM on Vista, however there are a few programs that don't work properly so I have to do the run as administrator thing :|