RockD

Reaction score
So i have always been one to never change teams in all my FMs so this year i decided to play with a Lower League team. i did not want to stray too far with my connection from Liverpool FC so my choice was to select Accrington Stanley who is a feeder club to Liverpool, Burnley, And Blackburn Rovers.

I kinda had quit Fm13 and just did the same old in FM 14 (play with LFC) now after a few months of success with LFC in FM15 i decided is time to really step up the challenge and go with lower leagues. while still having Liverpool as disposal for players ;)

TACTICS

View attachment 269439started with a 4231 wide with small adjustments in Sky bet League 2 and more during my current Sky bet league 1 campaign.

League 2: 1st half of season
Whipped Crosses
Much Higher Tempo
Direct Passing
Disciplined approach

League 2:2nd Half of season and Carried into League 1
View attachment 269440

Players and Staff

Immediately i signed:
Paul Montgomery and Ian Storey-Moore as scout first season kept my initial chief scout

Coaches:
Joe Corrigan-GK
Glen Schmidt- Fitness
Brian McGorry- General trainer(best for attack)

Players First season brought in:

William Mellors Blair(MR-AM/flop)free
Cameron Howeison (AM-Standout)Burnley loan
Ross Jenkins (MC-flop)free
Luke Greaves (DR/DC-barely played em)Free
Ryan Fulto(GK-standout) Liverpool loan
Smith Tiesse(DL-barely played em) free

Players out:
Nicky Hunt- Loaned out

League 2 outcome and summary being that i am doing this blog now as i am in Sky Bet League 1:

W25-D12-9L---GD25--GF74--GA49

starting XI/subs: SEE ATTACHEDView attachment 269443

I felt we played well and were very consitent through out the season, admitedly i think getting knocked out of the cups was the best thing that could have happened to me and the team.

Scoring came by committee no one scoring stand out

-Naismith was player of the season

-Howeison the loanee was amazing

-Fluton also was class GK, i also had Scott Davies he was a loanee already with the team i let him go in JAN. Because i wanted to save money as Fulton was doing enough.

-STs: changed almost every 5-7 games they where all spotty...honestly because of pace if McCartan would have been fit entire season he would have been my main ST as he is a danger in League 2. if i had to rank my ST it would be McCartan, Carver,Gnorell, Gray in that order.

-SUBS: McCratan coming off the bench because of poor fitness is a danger because of his pace, Joyce provides good solid defense if needed in the last minutes, Bruna for Mnigioa or vice versa is always i good switch, Gnorell for AM or ST also good switches.

LEAGUE 1

View attachment 269441

My roster and most used listed in attached above currently doing better than expected...highlight so far, beat Premier side West Ham 1-0 in FA CUP

Facilities wise lots of work to do as my pitch is in shambles (Sam Allerdyce was complaining about it lol)... anyways will come back with more stay tuned and cut me some slack my first Blog about a season :)

almost HALF way through season 2 now, in League 1 and mid table hopefully im not moving to fast for my own good.

so far i see some problems looming:
Stadium only 5k capacity
Faclities are boooooo
and upgrading could be rather costly in the future.
i can finnagle my way into the Championship but i dont know if i can maintain with only 5k seats and subpar facilities

on a good note at the beginning of my league 2, days when i signed Paul Montgomery he brought me a Gem : a regen from America has been deadly for me so farView attachment 269169 besides his talents i was also able to sign Jack Dunn a Reject from my dear Liverpool who is 4 stars in League 1 with Potential for 5 with good stats for my style as well.

I have been courted by, Osasuna, River Plate, and Various Ligue2 and Liga Adelante teams...but i refused them.

currently in FA cup 3rd Rnd, Capital one quarters against ManU, and JPT finals. View attachment 269168

so here is where i ask your help with a decision fellow managers, how do i go about improving my infrastructure to be able to maintain a higher level of competitiveness outside the pitch!?

pardon the spelling and hope i get some constructive criticism and replies. :)

Looks like I am quite late to replying to this thread, a shame you did not go on.

I do the research for Stanley in the game and I realize more than most the challenge of getting them up the ladder and trying to get them some facilities lol. Usually I just do my best and get facilities once I have them under the relative financial stability of the Premier League, getting facilities before then without cheating is nigh impossible.

Good to see another brave soul attempt the Accrington challenge, even if it did not last long.