rafferty1875

Reaction score
(First time poster but love reading the FM stories please be kind also)

its 2009 and Accrington Stanley are preparing for a fierce relegation fight John Coleman after 10 years incharge had decided enough was enough and walked. Chairman O'Neil needed a replacement but who would take on the dead end job of Accrington Stanley manager stricken with debt a poor squad and a very low wage and no transfer budget. Who ever takes this job is either stupid or brave, to succeed he cant just be good he has to be great.

No little than a week later the only man who wanted the job was given it untested and unheard of Boven Rubenchenko stood up to the mark. When asked "whats your goal for the season" he replied "To bring the fans back" no one knew what he would do next but for the next 6 years it would be an emotional rollercoaster.

but the first real test was Leicester in the League Cup after a 1-0 win at enemies Rochdale hope were high but going into this was a soon to be slaughter, Championship side Leicester away from home surely they cant get anything from this?. but sure enough a 11-10 win on penalties gave Accrington the biggest win in there history they could now dream of a tie against a premiership outfit but still the league was the battle.

After a few straight losses Accrington Stanley were sitting in the bottom of the Coca cola League 2 things were not looking good till the dream draw was handed to the Accies, Portsmouth away.

After coming back from behind twice Stanley went on to lose in Extra time employing a nice blend of 10 men behind the ball and quick counter attacks they not only suprised the experianced Portsmouth side but also matched them. However half the ticket sales was a nice pay package to the struggling reds.

After a few months of hopefull football which saw them lose to Blackpool away from home in the FA cup they were sitting in 20th with a nice cushion of points underneath them. They could relax and play the football the wanted for now untill the time came to grind it out. The season finished on a high for them maintaining Quality home form and an Mediocore away form giving them enough to more then secure another season in professional football finishing 18th.

Expectations for Rubenchenko's second season incharge was a little higher. Mid table finish.
whille otheres at the club thought abit optimistic Rubenchenko brushed aside the feeling of fear the rest of his staff and players had and comfortably lead them to a 10th place finish. on the way getting revenge on Blackpool in the FA cup for the last years beating before being "gubbed" 4-1 by Championship side Hull. The league cup was a success for them seeing them make the 3rd round beating Barnet and Darlington before being beatean by League 1 side Exeter. Rubenchenko turned the once feared Cups into a spectacle by taking games to big teams instead of rolling over, The fans began to come back slowly.

After 2 years incharge his 3rd season was a shock but not comapred to his 5th but we will get to that later/ 2 years playing in the league he felt he was ready to secure a higher end league finish but no pressure was on him from the board. It was from himself he wanted to gain something this year atleast experiance the thrill of playoffs after losing in the cups in the first round it was looking dismal. But it gave the reds something to aim for, a clear goal. Promotion.
after an intence final 2 month of the season he fought bravely to achieve 3rd place giving Stanley an automatic promotion, but only 2 points separated him and 4th which was Yeovil.

Coca Cola league 1 a dream come true for many fans, but media prediction of 24th (dead last) was installing fear in and around the Crown Ground. Rubenchenko was at his busiest in this transfer window Signing young but talented players experiance was not on his side but none-the-less he decided to go with it. After 12 games without a win Rubenchenko signed Influential Italian midfielder Salvatore Papa young but was a leader. Papa was an immediate impact scoring the only goal in a 1-0 win over Rotherham to give them there first win in months but they were still dead last and alot was to be done. A few wins later hope were high and a 6 game unbeaten streak brought them withing touching distance of freedom from the clutches of the relegation zone. However loss to Doncaster slowed there progress, many expected them to not pick themselves back up after the result but swiftly proved the media and critics wrong by beginning a 10 game win streak and finished safely out of the dreaded "Drop Zone". They survived relegation a feeling so great that its almost worth the season worth of agony.

Season 5. The most dramatic off all still on a high after there 10 game winning streak they ignored the media's prediction of 21st. Rubenchenko realised his squad lacked experience and a leader his highest profile signing of the season was Robbie Earnshaw the 32 year old striker had played in the Football League more times than youve eaten if you wanted experience look no further. Many predicted he was to old and would be a flop. But paired with Young strikers Ryan Mason and Branmir Kostadinov (who had been Rubenchenko's first signing) he gave the two youngsters guidance and leadership and with a remarkable 4-3-3 it saw the 3 strikers turn out 60 goals between them with earnshaw earning the top goalscorer award with 20+ goals how ever Ryan Mason wasnt far behind. After a Remarkable season which saw them have the best Defence in the league with the least wins then any other they went on to finish 1st in Coca Cola League 1, The Championship Awaits. To be Continued

Sorry if it was so long its just i already started this career a whille back and couldnt provide pictures or anything so i had to type from memory. However after catching up to where i am now i can provide a much more colorfull story of the greatest Rag's to Riches story

Just a tip:
Make saves at the end of each season, so when you decide to make a story out of it, you can go back and get screenshots.
Too late now, but maybe for the future.

Just a tip:
Make saves at the end of each season, so when you decide to make a story out of it, you can go back and get screenshots.
Too late now, but maybe for the future.

Yeh its cause i was playing this game normally as a proper game and decided that i was doing pretty well so i thought i could use this as a story. But will definatley add more screenshots anymore tips for me?

Well, if you start now with pictures, keep it tidy.
I would post a fixtures screen for most of them, add a nice pre-game screen with scorers and such for the great matches you play.

Post your line-up and mention your key-signings (or the whole transfer window).

Add a little bit of formatting.
Walls of text might throw off quite a few people.
Make some bold headlines for each month, use more paragraphs and keep the sentences short and to the point.
Otherwise, I'm keen on seeing where you go with your team.

Well, if you start now with pictures, keep it tidy.
I would post a fixtures screen for most of them, add a nice pre-game screen with scorers and such for the great matches you play.

Post your line-up and mention your key-signings (or the whole transfer window).

Add a little bit of formatting.
Walls of text might throw off quite a few people.
Make some bold headlines for each month, use more paragraphs and keep the sentences short and to the point.
Otherwise, I'm keen on seeing where you go with your team.

Thanks alot mate will put all this into my next post.

Started as stanley, only played a few games so far though,
ill be keeping an eye on you :)
any key signings in the first season?