nitini93

Reaction score
i was looking back on my seasons of playing football manager all the way back to 07 and some of the best players on the game seem to be getting picked up by premiership clubs or high elite clubs in the world

for examples dembele on 10 was one of my top strikers now hes playing for fulham. Also with demba ba on the current game. A lot of high teams when playing in the game buy him such as liverpool most frequent buyers of him. Now West Ham has gone in for this player and by the looks of it has settled in very quick

I just would like to think that the reasearch done by lovers for football managers on the game is actually used by these top teams as in they look at them on football manager and then scout them in the real world. If that is the case just goes to show how good football manager truly is

IIRC Everton have an agreement to get the database before everybody else.

welcome to Fm-Base, there are quite a few threads about this already :)

yes it is, alot of Managers confess to using the database to search for new talent... I found Kaka and Robinho in Cm03 as these two Brazillian Wonderkids :)

it happens all the time :)

welcome to Fm-Base, there are quite a few threads about this already :)

yes it is, alot of Managers confess to using the database to search for new talent... I found Kaka and Robinho in Cm03 as these two Brazillian Wonderkids :)

it happens all the time :)

thanks for that...this was my main aim of this post to see what teams used for it..just a strange reason really that you would rely on a computer game which costs about 30 quid at first to then go and buy a player worth millions on players

Everton have exclusive rights to use the database specifically for scouting purposes.

Obviosuly there is nothing to stop other clubs from buying and using the game once it's out, but Everton always get the information first.

thanks for that...this was my main aim of this post to see what teams used for it..just a strange reason really that you would rely on a computer game which costs about 30 quid at first to then go and buy a player worth millions on players

SI has teams of researchers who go to the matches of one or a few clubs, depending on the number of researchers in the region. Their opinions on a player have a direct impact on how the player appears in the game, but it's only an opinion after all.

When a researcher in Paraguay spots a 17 year hot shot in the third division and reccomends them as a wonderkid for the new database, it's highly unlikely that a Professional club would go out and buy them, without sending their own scouts first...

Makes sense really to use FM as a tool of finding players in real life for managers, the attributes of most players are pretty correct and its easy to use whereas sending a scout to find players a manager had never heard of would be a harder task..

I first heard of Jack Wilshere on FM09 if i remember correctly, and he was a very highly rated 16 year old...look at him now!!