Status
Not open for further replies.

RVPandFF

Reaction score
Hi,

I just bought the game (disc-version) and when I try to install it I'm prompted for an activation code by steam, only problem is I can't seem to find it. I'm presuming that it should be on the back of the game manual where it says "Football Manager 2013 Steam Code", except there is nothing there. Is there somewhere else in the manual/box that I might find it or have I been sold a dodgy copy and should be looking to get a replacement version?

Thanks in advance.

yeah it should be on the manual near the bottom a long series of numbers and letters,if theres nothing there then yes im afraid it looks live you have been "bumped" as they say.

I got it from somewhere pretty reputatable, so hopefully just a mistake, but if they have intentionally screwed me over then oh well ):

Somewhere reputable but they may have intentionally screwed you over? Doubt it.

Where was it from?

Mighty Ape.

And I am doubtful that they're trying to stooge me.

Is it possible that something went wrong when printing, and it didn't go in the box provided? Is there not some hint of anything printed anywhere else on the page?

I've looked through every page of the manual and all over box but no sign of any code.

I'll look through it again though, because normally when I exclaim that I can't find something, I immediately find it.

Nup, still can't find one.

Last edited:
I've looked through every page of the manual and all over box but no sign of any code.

I'll look through it again though, because normally when I exclaim that I can't find something, I immediately find it.

Nup, still can't find one.

Get in contact with them. And also if you have proof of purchase, get in contact with someone on the SI forums, they might be able to help you out

I've emailed them and by proof of purchase you mean receipts/order number and packaging, etc.?

I've emailed them and by proof of purchase you mean receipts/order number and packaging, etc.?
Where exactly did you get it from? if it was a shop then u are entitiled to take it back as its "faulty" under the sale of goods act.other than that if you got it from ebay or whatever then yeah ur screwed.

Where specifically do you recommend going to on the forums with my issue?

@Steff: It was from an online store that's been around for years called Mighty Ape, that operates here in Oz and in NZ.

Where specifically do you recommend going to on the forums with my issue?

@Steff: It was from an online store that's been around for years called Mighty Ape, that operates here in Oz and in NZ.

You can either PM one of the guys with the SI logo (ideally neil brock)

or go here SEGA :: SUPPORT

Okay, thanks I'll try that.

I've looked through the SEGA support page and nothing there appears to be relevant.
What do you recommend saying to one of the SI guys (preferably Neil Brock), should I just explain the whole situation?

EDIT: Okay, I've PM'ed Neil about it, so I guess now all I can do is wait.

Last edited:
Good luck,hope u get up and running!!!
Okay, thanks I'll try that.

I've looked through the SEGA support page and nothing there appears to be relevant.
What do you recommend saying to one of the SI guys (preferably Neil Brock), should I just explain the whole situation?

EDIT: Okay, I've PM'ed Neil about it, so I guess now all I can do is wait.

Thanks Steff, hope so too. Just finished end-of-year exams, so looking forward to being able to get plenty of hours of FM2013 under my belt. :)

Anyway, getting late. Will resume this discussion tomorrow if anything eventuates.

Last edited:
When you ordered it online did you get an email from your retailer? The code might be in the email.

Mistake on retailer's part apparently, but they've sent me the code, so now it's time to start playing :)

Mistake on retailer's part apparently, but they've sent me the code, so now it's time to start playing :)

Good to hear it. Now thats resolved I will close the thread. Hopefully no further issues will crop up, but PM me if they do

Status
Not open for further replies.