Activation code problem. PLEASE HELP

MikeeFTD

Reaction score
I bought FM when it first came out. Last week I Sent my laptop away to get fixed. When it got fixed all data got removed. I just tried to Set up FM again but the activation code isn't working. I have forgot my steam login forcing me to make a new account. PLEASE HELP

You can't activate a game with a different steam account. The game you bought is locked to the steam account you bought it with. You need to retreive your login info, which is fairly easy to do. Just go to steam support and you'll find it in the FAQs.

Is this also valid if you didn't purchase the game via steam?

Is this also valid if you didn't purchase the game via steam?

If you play the game through steam, the game is locked to that steam account regardless of where you purchased it.

Can i get my mate to give me his steam account and I can just use his code?

You can't activate a game with a different steam account. The game you bought is locked to the steam account you bought it with. You need to retreive your login info, which is fairly easy to do. Just go to steam support and you'll find it in the FAQs.

Can I just get my mate to let me. In his Steam and use his activation code?

Can I just get my mate to let me. In his Steam and use his activation code?

Not really sure what you're asking here. How could you retrieve an activation code from an already activated game? And how would that solve anything in any case? His game is of course also locked to his steam account.

As already stated, the code will be locked to that account and that's it basically. It is a one time activation and added to that one Steam game library and cannot be used on any other account. The only way it can be accessed is if your mate let you play his game while he is on his Steam account. It cannot be shared by anybody else.

Can i get my mate to give me his steam account and I can just use his code?

yes you can, BUT you won't be able to play FM at the same time your friend is playing the game, and if you manage to play the game before your friend then he won't be able to play the game. Just go through the FAQ's and get your login details, it is really NOT hard to do...