SionTHFC

Reaction score
Richman in shock career change!

Former actor and Man v Food presenter Adam Richman has decided to call time on his television career to try his hand at a new line of work, being a football manager! The 39 year old from Brooklyn, New York, has recently lost over four stone since the last season of his hit Food Network show, and since been working hard on gaining his football coaching badges, along with trips to England to support his favorite club, Tottenham Hotspur. Richman has admitted in a recent interview that his dream is to one day manage Tottenham, he said:

"Since leaving Man v Food i have been thinking long and hard about what i want to do next, i looked into Hollywood films and the music industry but deep down I knew I only wanted to do one thing, start managing football teams. My trips to England over the last few years has opened my eyes to a whole new world of football and i would love to be a part of it. It's been a dream of mine from day one to manage Tottenham Hotspur, the fans have been always great to me, and my half time speech at White Hart Lane is one of the proudest moments of my life, I bleed blue! The passion the fans show towards their club is awesome. If there's one thing i learnt in showbiz, it to never say never, and i will pursue this dream 'till the very end!"

View attachment 407875

Although his international fame, Richman will not find it easy finding a club to manage and just like all other aspiring managers will have to start from the bottom. It is believed Richman will begin his management career in the lower divisions of the USA, as there are plenty of clubs looking for new managers heading into the new season. A possible destination for Richman is the San Antonio Scorpions who have recently dismissed their head coach, but they could opt for the more experienced Scotsman, Mo Johnston who is the bookies favourite.

We will follow Richman throughout his new career, and we wish him the very best in finding a new club.

Interesting idea mate, love Adam Richmam, so will follow. Wish our players at the moment had some of his passion and belief!!

Yeah i met him on saturday at stamford bridge, got a pic with him too, so happy haha! It's my first ever story on so i dont even know how well it's going to go. Just noticed it's only a 14 game season too so i could go into detail in every game i suppose. We'll see how it goes.

Scorpions hire Richman

Adam Richman has today been unveiled as the new San Antonio Scorpions manager. Scorpions chairman Gordon Hartman is said to be delighted with his new manager and is pleased that someone of Richmans stature could potentially draw thousands of new fans to the San Antonio area. Richman himself has said he is surprised by his appointment but is truly delighted to kick start his new career at a high level. He said

"When I was invited to attend an interview with Gordon i was excited to be given an opportunity to express myself and my ideas but i was doubtful i would get the job because of my inexperience, but when i received a phone call yesterday afternoon from Gordon saying he wanted to offer me a contract i was over the moon! I flew straight out to Texas and signed the contract before it was too late! Although i am slight surprised i am very excited at the prospect of showing everyone what IM capable of, the Chairman has set a high standard this season so IM expected to fulfill his wishes. I would like to thank Gordon and the Scorpions for giving me this opportunity and i wish for a long and successful career here!"

Richman will have 21 days to evaluate his squad before taking charge of his first game, a Home friendly against MLS side Portland Timbers. His first competitive game comes against the Tampa Bay Rowdies.wdies before a tough early season game away to the newly formed New York Cosmos.
The Club-

View attachment 407418
San Antonio Scorpions is a professional football team that play in the NASL (North America Soccer League) They are surprisingly based in the city of San Antonio, Texas. The Scorpions were only formed in the year 2011 but have already made it as a professional status club. They play at the newly built Toyota Field which holds up to 8296 spectators. The field of play is entirely made out of soft compound synthetic material.

I will evaluate the squad and play a few friendlies before settling on my desired team/tactic.

Any feedback would also be much appreciated. Thanks!