Adapting to FM14 from FM12 - help with training required!

coendoz237

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I didn't end up buying FM13 and so I've started playing FM14 only to find that a lot has changed! My main problem is with the training screen. I can't seem to get my head round it. Was this new approach to training brought in for FM13 or is everyone having to adapt? Can anyone give me an 'in a nutshell' guide, or is there a link to a thread from last year maybe?

I've kinda worked out how to increase training tempo to get my team to learn their new formations but I've no idea what the best approach is for long term gains. I just seem to be flip-flopping from one weekly training focus to another depending on who I'm playing! I used to pride myself on being able to create custom training schedules for different roles in my team but now it looks like I can't even create my own training schedules at all...

Am I missing something?! Any help would be massively appreciated!

The changes came in last year. You can no longer set training schedules with sliders, now you instruct the coaches to focus in a specific attribute or to train the attributes related to a position.

No custom training schedules then? Boo!

That'll explain why I can't seem to find any info on the new training set-up. It'll be under FM13 not 14!

aye, everything should be under FM13.

Some hated the change, others liked it. I dind't find that it changed much at all. My youth players are still developing nicely if you manage their training workload and tutor them well.

I've just spent that last hour tinkering with the training screen so I feel a bit better. I also read TheBetterHalf's guide in the FM13 forums but I still have a quick question.

Some of my players are complaining of a high workload. Is there a summary screen anywhere that shows training levels or something similar? I used to love that screen on FM12!

check the training page of those players (i think its player - training - development) complaining of high workload.

If its pre-season, usually i ignore.
If its in-season, check what are you training him with.

Team training - intensity
Individial focus intensity
New Position
Preferred move

All these will contribute to a final training workload you can see in the player's screen.

This is what i usually do.
Team training - average
individual focus - heavy
no ppm, no new position

if ppm is there, change individual focus to average
if player complains again, change individual focus to light

I think you get my point, I try to keep the overall training to be medium for each player