jimmy1966

Reaction score
hi there, i have tried following your guide but Im getting stuck around steps 4 and 5.

I create the folders /graphics/me in the correct place

download the link and edit it using notepad, then save it

add my photo, its a jpeg not a png does that matter?

add that to the above folder

do the skin cach bit

nothing happens

any ideas for help - cheers;)

same here. But instead of jpeg I did use .png. Dont know why nothing changes. Player pictures, club logos all work fine.

I did not resize the picture as Sean in his tutorial said that is not necessary.

have the file as png, i dont think other types work.
did you name the photo and list it in the config file correctly, pointing it at the manager ID number you collected from your FM09 game?

Yes sorry I think it has to be a .png

same problem, i already change my pic type into png file, and rename it into my id number. there's still nothing change, why it is?

Firstly this was written by someone else so I don't take any credit for it.
Just hope it helps as it has worked for me.

If you forgot to add a picture for your manager profile at the start of the game then follow these simple instructions to add one.
Step 1
On the FM 2009 Preferences make sure Show Unique ID's is ticked
Step 2
Go to your manager home page and it should have your unique ID at the top
Step 3
Create a folder called me in Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\graphics\
Step 4
Download the attached config.xml file and save it to that folder you just created. Open it in a text editor and change the 2 values shown to your unique id.
Example:
<record from="1394642823" to="graphics/pictures/person/1394642823/portrait"/>
Step 5
Create an image of yourself (the game will resize it for you). When finished save the image in the same folder and call the image your unique id (eg: 1394642823.png).
Step 6
Open FM. On Preferences > Display & Sound and untick 'Use Skin Cache' and tick 'Always Reload Skin on Confirm'. Once done press Confirm and it should now work. Make sure your Show Unique ID's unticked again. Done

Cheers

Last edited:
Firstly this was written by someone else so I don't take any credit for it.
Just hope it helps as it has worked for me.

If you forgot to add a picture for your manager profile at the start of the game then follow these simple instructions to add one.
Step 1
On the FM 2009 Preferences make sure Show Unique ID's is ticked
Step 2
Go to your manager home page and it should have your unique ID at the top
Step 3
Create a folder called me in Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\graphics\
Step 4
Download the attached config.xml file and save it to that folder you just created. Open it in a text editor and change the 2 values shown to your unique id.
Example:
<record from="1394642823" to="graphics/pictures/person/1394642823/portrait"/>
Step 5
Create an image of yourself (the game will resize it for you). When finished save the image in the same folder and call the image your unique id (eg: 1394642823.png).
Step 6
Open FM. On Preferences > Display & Sound and untick 'Use Skin Cache' and tick 'Always Reload Skin on Confirm'. Once done press Confirm and it should now work. Make sure your Show Unique ID's unticked again. Done

Cheers

Erm yes that's the guide on this site. Would have been easier if you just linked to it (wh)

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/faq.php?faq=fm2009#faq_fm2009_add_your_manager_picture

I followed the guide step by step and checked it many times and my photo still doesn't appear. What may be the problem?

hey, i had the same problem.. did u just rename ur pic from a abc.jpg into a abc.png?
u should go to a photo editor, and 'save as' under the png format. see if this helps :)