Adebayor to join Juventus in January

• Thread starter Thread starter CJACKO11
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 34
  • Views Views 2K

CJACKO11

Reaction score
Emmanuel Adebayor has confirmed that Man City and Juventus have agreed terms to bring him to Turin in January on a loan deal. What do City fans think of this, i personly think its a good deal for Juventus and Adebayor but City might need him at one stage especially if Tevez gets a long term injury.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_6522826,00.html

You can't blame City, they're deciding to decrease the number of players in their squad to let the first team members have more chance to play football.

Good deal for City. Adebayor doesn't fit the way they play, he's too immobile. Also useful for reducing the wage bill.

Impossible Juventus only have a place for one non-eu player per year, that was taken by Milos Krasic. As far as I know Adebayor doesn't have any other european citizenship.

Impossible Juventus only have a place for one non-eu player per year, that was taken by Milos Krasic. As far as I know Adebayor doesn't have any other european citizenship.

Well he has been in England for 5years hasen't he??

Plus Krasic is Serbian surely that counts as European?

Don't know exactly but according to italian newspapers he doesn't have other european citizenship!

Usually this would be big news...

But i cant see any Man City fans losing sleep over this one, he is an unwanted distraction for Mancini trying to keep him happy, when he will never perform to the level of Tevez.

Don't know exactly but according to italian newspapers he doesn't have other european citizenship!

Maybe he will in January, im not sure either mate to be honest in just throwing it out there lol.

Maybe he will in January, im not sure either mate to be honest in just throwing it out there lol.

Surely if he has clearance to play here then he will for Italy...
We are Europe after all!
And if he doesn't have it already i don't think it will take much effort for him to gain it, already playing in Europe and has done for such a long time.

Unless Adebayor has a British passport there is no way this deal could go through, or maybe there is a different rule for loaned players.

Last edited:
Unless Adebayor has a British passport there is no way this deal could go through, unless there is a different rule for loaned players.

This must be it. Manu must either have a passport, or, more likely IMO, there's a different rule for loaned players.

Last edited:
Surely if he has clearance to play here then he will for Italy...
We are Europe after all!
And if he doesn't have it already i don't think it will take much effort for him to gain it, already playing in Europe and has done for such a long time.

Serie A has different rule. Last season they were allowed to sign max 2 non EU players, this season after world cup disaster or any other reason, they have reduced it to one. So only if Ade have English passport, he is eligible to play for Juve as they have signed Krasic.

Serie A has different rule. Last season they were allowed to sign max 2 non EU players, this season after world cup disaster or any other reason, they have reduced it to one. So only if Ade have English passport, he is eligible to play for Juve as they have signed Krasic.

Fair enough... I like that rule!

personally it is a good deal for City, he was an unwanted distraction and he was hardly performing

He is Togolese right? Doesn't that mean he can also hold French citizenship (which AFAIK is part of the EU), much like Ivory Coast and Algeria

Last edited:
So does this mean Amauri is on the way out for Juve? He's been pretty bad this season

Back