Adel Taarabt implies that QPR will go straight down

mark 19 times

Reaction score
“They want me to stay four years on the same terms.”I don’t want to sign for four years then after one year I am going to be back in The Championship.”
Then said, “No disrespect, but if we keep the same players, it will be very difficult to stay in the Premier League when you are playing Manchester United and Chelsea.”

He seems really arrogant.

meh, saw this ages ago, there's a whole story about how he wants to leave which sounds much worse and makes him sound a bigger ****.

I've said my opinions on Taarabt in the QPR thread and I would gladly take the 10M quoted (which i don't think will happen)

“They want me to stay four years on the same terms.”I don’t want to sign for four years then after one year I am going to be back in The Championship.”
Then said, “No disrespect, but if we keep the same players, it will be very difficult to stay in the Premier League when you are playing Manchester United and Chelsea.”

He seems really arrogant.

He's got a point, but I thought QPR were given money for transfer targets? Doesn't really need to say such a thing to the media, either.

Not a fan of Taarabt, they should just cash in on him. |)

P.S Here's the full story: Adel Taarabt ready to quit QPR to spark £10m chase | Mail Online

Taarabt sparks £10m chase after midfielder reveals he's ready to call time on QPR

By JOE BERNSTEIN
Last updated at 11:29 AM on 19th June 2011

Comments (4)
Add to My Stories

Adel Taarabt is spoiling for a move to Newcastle and insists newly-promoted QPR are not good enough to stay in the Premier League.
Contract talks between the skilful midfielder and the club have broken down and the 22-year-old wants to leave. But he will do so under a cloud if he is sold after tipping QPR for relegation in their first season back in the top flight.
‘They want me to stay four years on the same terms,’ said Taarabt about the club who revived his reputation after a tough time at Tottenham. ‘I don’t want to sign for four years then after one year I am going to be back in The Championship.

Ace Adel: Taarabt was voted the best player in the Championship last season
‘No disrespect, but if we keep the same players, it will be very difficult to stay in the Premier League when you are playing Manchester United and Chelsea.’
Taarabt had already talked of his ambitions to join Chelsea or Arsenal but seems to have settled for Newcastle. Alan Pardew had a £5million bid for him rejected in January and is re-building after the sales of Englishmen Andy Carroll, to Liverpool in January, and Kevin Nolan to West Ham last week.
Newcastle have already brought in Demba Ba and Sylvain Marveaux but will have to find £10m for Taarabt and offer an attractive pay deal.
‘I helped QPR win promotion but they will not offer me a better contract,’ said Taarabt, who was voted the best player in the Championship last season. ‘They say I am already on big wages.’

Taarabt’s contract runs until 2013 but it is believed there is a break clause that could be activated by the Moroccan next summer.
However, he claimed QPR have had offers but have told him they will only let him go for £10m.
‘It’s a lot of money because I have not been successful yet in the Premier League,’ he said. ‘But when Rangers sell me, they have to give 40 per cent of the fee to Tottenham, my first club.’

Despite interest from Paris St-Germain and Juventus, Taarabt wants to stay in the Premier League.
He said: ‘Why should I go to France and play some games in front of 7,000 people? I like it in England. The stadiums are full all the time.

‘I understand that QPR have changed my life. People had almost forgotten me when I joined from Tottenham. But I don’t think they are being fair to me.’
Pardew is a long-time admirer of Taarabt and can be expected to reenter the race for a player who has the ability that could make him a fans’ favourite at St James’ Park. He has often been likened to former Newcastle hero Paul Gascoigne.
Although he speaks good English, having joined Spurs as a 17-year-old, Taarabt would feel at home among the increasing number of French speakers at Newcastle.
He said: ‘People say Newcastle will be good for me, that the fans love players like me. It is fantastic to play in front of 50,000 supporters every week. I do not need one of the very big clubs at this stage in my career.

Highlighted the funny/interesting bits.

QPR, I am sure, would be happy to sell him, so long as the price is right. Investment could go elsewhere to help provide stability in fighting off relegation.

"No disrespect, but if we keep the same players, it will be very difficult to stay in the Premier League when you are playing Manchester United and Chelsea.”

Nothing wrong with that sentence, it's true, and not arrogant.

"No disrespect, but if we keep the same players, it will be very difficult to stay in the Premier League when you are playing Manchester United and Chelsea.”

Nothing wrong with it, but a very good way to **** off your team, especially when they are the ones who do the dirty work, while you roam around the pitch with a complete free role

Shame the rest of what he says usually makes him seem like a complete ****.

What's the problem? He's right is he not?

I'm not a massive fan of his, but I think it would be good to see him playing in the PL for a few years. Maybe somebody like Newcastle would be the best option for him. He'll definitely be enjoyable to watch and even though he'll have his bad games he can also lighten up very boring games.

I honestly think he'll be utter ****, no matter what teams he plays for.

He played terribly in half the games in the championship last season (although he was *** in the other half :wub:) what's he gonna be like in the PL?

---------- Post added at 04:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:03 PM ----------

What are his wager at QPR?

I don't know but I bet it's massive, probably around 20k a week yet he's still complaining.

I'm probably wrong about that and if i am, i'll look a complete *** :P

He played terribly in half the games in the championship last season (although he was *** in the other half :wub:) what's he gonna be like in the PL?

---------- Post added at 04:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:03 PM ----------

I don't know but I bet it's massive, probably around 20k a week yet he's still complaining.

I'm probably wrong about that and if i am, i'll look a complete *** :P

I'd imagine they are something in region of 20k, probably more.

I have a sneaking suspicion you're right. No other team is going to build themselves around him in quite the way QPR did last season, and whilst he flourished for you lot I'm almost certain that without that freedom the team allows him (and no other team will allow him that freedom) he will be much, much worse.

Taarabt is a ****, and will be a stroppy ******* when he can't score 20 goals next season. Tottenham fans have known this for a while.

I have a sneaking suspicion you're right. No other team is going to build themselves around him in quite the way QPR did last season, and whilst he flourished for you lot I'm almost certain that without that freedom the team allows him (and no other team will allow him that freedom) he will be much, much worse.

Teams will shut him down in the PL. he isnt as good as he thinks he is

Teams will shut him down in the PL. he isnt as good as he thinks he is

Indeed, he's part of the PL attacking triumvirate of "Players who ridiculously overrate themselves" alongside Nicklas Bendtner and El-Hadji Diouf.

Back