jnoodles

Reaction score
Apologies if this should be in the tactics section but I thought I'd try here first...

I've been playing with 451 with Burnley for 3 seasons and have adjusted my match preparation manually throughout this time. However due to forgetting a lot of the time during pre season I changed it to let my assistant take care of it.

Having left it for a couple of weeks, I switched back to manual and when I checked the formations I've been playing for 3 years everything had gone from fluid to awkward.

Has this happened to anyone before?

Should I leave it to the assistant or do it myself? I'm a bit worried that I'll have a bad start to the season and can't understand how the levels have dropped so drastically.

Any help would be appreciated...

Do they perform anywhere near as good as they used to? Could just be they got used to another tactic, but normally falling back into a previous tactic is nowhere near as hard as training them in a completely new tactic.

Oh right, well at least it shouldn't take them too long to get back up to fluid then. I just couldn't understand how they went all the way back to awkward anyhow, I've been playing the formation consistently for ages.

Thanks for the info mate

only thing i can suspect is your assman changed the match prep training to a very low percentage?

I've not tested/proven it yet, too focused on other things on my save game atm ;) but i have suspicions if you turn match prep down to none, they will slowly lose skills in the formation, particularly over long breaks without football. IE: in between seasons!

strange thing i find however is i can train them in a completely new tactic and unless i really try and specifically choose an absurd formation and playing style, usually they'll still be competant and everything =|

Same thing happened to me, the key is to do match prep yourself or let the *** manager do it, but don't change back and forth, the program doesn't seem to be able to cope.

I have team blend until everything is fluid and then have attacking movement. If the lads are **** at defending corners in one match so I have def set pieces for 3-4 games.