ADO Den Haag - Losing the title on the last day of the season

Reaction score
Just finished up my first season with ADO Den Haag in the Eredvisie. We were predicted to finish mid table but we were battling it out with Ajax most of the season for the title. We took top spot from them in the 2nd to last game of the season, meaning we had a 2 point advantage over them going into the last game. We were away to 11th place Excelsior, whilst Ajax were at home to Utrecht. We missed an early penalty, then went 1-0 up. They equalized, before we went back in front 2-1. Just minutes later they equalized again. All the while Ajax were 0-0 against Utrecht, that was until they scored 2 late goals and took the title on goal difference by 2 goals. I shouldn't be too disappointed as we don't have anywhere near the squad Ajax do, but once you get so close it's hard to lose it on the last day. Especially since we'll now have to go through the Champions League qualifiers rather than heading straight into the groups.

View attachment 322280

So, does anyone else have any similar last day heartbreak stories?

Ah yours, was even closer than mine! XD And you had more points than I did, so you were even more unlucky!

I had a game where I was cruising in the lead all season, my team got complacent and went on a terrible run, so Man City overtook us and were 2 points ahead on the final day, playing West Ham who were already relegated, can't remember who I was playing. And so then we needed to win and be sure City didn't win.

City went up 1-0 early, so did we, stayed that way for so long, then we conceded a late goal, and I found out afterwards, City conceded two and lost! So if we had managed a win, we would have had the title!

In my 4th season in Charge on my Swansea save I missed out on the title by 1 point because Liverpool managed to beat Chelsea and Arsenal managed to beat me... Liverpool however are a sinking ship again after that dropping to 15th place finishes and the next season 10th.