intelligence

Reaction score
Hi. I was able to design international and continental rules with advanced editor for FM 2012. Is there any chance to design such rules with current editor for FM 2013? Or do we need extra editor files or something?

I will buy this game only whether I will be able to do this kind of stuff..

Thanks.

Pretty sure you can't. There's no Adva editor for FM13. SI removed it.

sounds interesting, whats the difference the data editor and the advanced one ?

You can do more stuff with adva editor.
Hmm, I know how to activate adva editor on FM12, maybe its the same way? Will have a look right now.

That sounds very interesting mate.Could you give a hint how to look?

Thanks

Use the Advanced Editor a lot, There is no GUI to make it simple to use.
Its basically xml and html documents which you have to open and edit in say Notepad..

You need some basic HTML and Web editing knowledge to edit things, I use it to make all my lower league files, as you can not
edit promotion places for the pre-configured leagues in the game i.e. EPL and Championships etc.

But if you edit certain XML files.. (which it takes time to go through) Most of the pre-written editable files are recognised by read only dependencies within the XML files which put together the Advanced Editor.
Also there is a "Game Rule" which is currently controlling all of the read-only dependencies, currently I am searching for the Game Rules, because then you can change all of the settings to Writable!..

So if you need to edit anything you need to change Read Only Dependencies within the Advanced Editor Xml files..
Then save them Overwrite :) Open Editor and Load the database, I normally leave it open, then keep re-loading the database

At this moment in time, I can edit pretty much 80% of the database. Just a few other things I am waiting to find out.

So there is a little bit of help, I am not going to release all the details of it, and a full tutorial.. as of course I would lose rep on here with files I create and so would some other people. As everyone would then be able to create things.
But there is a little help for people who want to go searching.

voasy

Use the Advanced Editor a lot, There is no GUI to make it simple to use.
Its basically xml and html documents which you have to open and edit in say Notepad..

You need some basic HTML and Web editing knowledge to edit things, I use it to make all my lower league files, as you can not
edit promotion places for the pre-configured leagues in the game i.e. EPL and Championships etc.

But if you edit certain XML files.. (which it takes time to go through) Most of the pre-written editable files are recognised by read only dependencies within the XML files which put together the Advanced Editor.
Also there is a "Game Rule" which is currently controlling all of the read-only dependencies, currently I am searching for the Game Rules, because then you can change all of the settings to Writable!..

So if you need to edit anything you need to change Read Only Dependencies within the Advanced Editor Xml files..
Then save them Overwrite :) Open Editor and Load the database, I normally leave it open, then keep re-loading the database

At this moment in time, I can edit pretty much 80% of the database. Just a few other things I am waiting to find out.

So there is a little bit of help, I am not going to release all the details of it, and a full tutorial.. as of course I would lose rep on here with files I create and so would some other people. As everyone would then be able to create things.
But there is a little help for people who want to go searching.

voasy
One question for you, if you care to answer :) Where to find those editable XMLs? Comps.fmf?

Adva Editor is much more easier (better word is noob friendly) than XML editing. I used to make basic dbs with Notepad ++. But I'm rusty and not so good at it anymore >.<
Best thing I can do for you guys is to leave this link here >> [FM2012] Advanced Rules Activation (Page 1) / Release Directory and News / FMUpdates Forum
Debugger still works, but adva editor doesn't.

Don't know about you but mine is in the current directory..

C://Program Files/SEGA/Football Manager 2013/Editor/data/format

If you do not have this directory, there is a few places online that have uploaded the Editor to download externally instead of Steam. And it uses this directory.

That is where the files are, but no I do not use comps.fmf either, i target the specific xml file for certain rules

Yeah its those files, for some stuff but there is also other xml files

in different folders, but you are looking in the right place.

Thank you very much. You have made my life much more harder now :p

found the files, how do you make changes.
example: change the prize money for any league. get rid of transfer window etc etc

Is there a possibilty how can i change the squad registration of the epl ? i hate when someone gets injured and can't include other players like in serie a :/ pls can i change any settings from the editor ?

Has anyone here have any experience in using the FM12 editor to make custom database changes for FM13?(***)
I just fired it up with the advanced panel in last years editor and made some changes to a German lower league file i found floating around, and so far it seems to work just fine.
I'm just wondering if anyone has done the same and can tell me some long-term effects of using the editor(s) that way (as in, sh$t just falls apart after 2-3 seasons etc).

(***) By using the old editor I mean using the old editor with the old FM12 database, not using the old editor with the new FM13 database

where are the files too use the advance editor on fm13 editor

I've activated the Advanced Editor but don't notice anything different from current editor. What kind of stuff can you do on the advanced editor that you can't on the normal?