Falcon 09

Reaction score
Hello all, I've just started a save as Arsenal. I'm looking for a striker that will walk in the team and hit the ground running. I use two tactics, one uses a poacher and the other uses an advanced forward. Giroud has been hit and miss so far. I was thinking of Lukaku, has anyone had great success with him on this years? I love Barbosa and Embolo but they look more like wingers on this years game, anyone used either of them up top? I would experiment, but the time I get to play these days is limited. So I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for someone that could just come in and fit in straight away....Cheers ladies and gents :)

I have Lukaku playing CF-A in my Arsenal team and he has had 50 league goals in each of the past two seasons. I can get screenshots if you'd like

Lukaku is definitely not a stereoptypical "advanced forward" as he's more about pace and pure power. A traditional advanced forward should be more technically gifted relying mainly on their pace physically. Embolo and Martial are probably the standout AFs on this years game(depending on Martials development). Embolo is definitely not just a winger on this game, he has 16 finishing on my save at 20 years old.

I've been playing Barbosa as an advanced forward in a Man Utd save and two seasons in so far he has been awesome, first season he managed 12 goals in 36 games in all competitions (I wasn't playing him for the full 90 mins due to his age) however, in the second season he managed 41 goals in 47 games (his form made him first choice forward especially in European games where he scored 19 in only 13 appearances). His shots on target could be better at around the 50% mark but he is still only 20 so plenty of time to improve that stat.

The lad is a beast. He starts with decision makin 12, composure 14 and agility 10, not great by a world beater standard but you have to take into account his height and weight. He is simply unique and when you get him in form, there is literraly no stopping him. By the ens of my first season career with United he hit 4 goals in the Ucl quarters first leg against Arsenal, another 1 goal in the second leg and he followed his exploits up with another 2 against Chelsea away in the league to clinch the title. Keep in mind that if your team is not performing, he isn' a standout player especially at the start of the game. But if you nurture and show him support he becomes the show stopper of any a team. By the end of first season, his description was world class striker. I got him with 15 up front and another in 48 months in the first few weeks od the game. If you want a cheaper option, try Khouma Babacar from Fiorentina. He is like his foster brother in terms of stats. Hope my feedback helped and may the results go your way. ;)