Rai 10

Reaction score
I have never though of using an AML or AMR as an advance playmaker, although I've heard people using messi and modric in their natural positions as advanced playmakers, seeing as the default wide play for them is to cut inside. How effective would it be to play a player with a foot thats left only in the AML position as an advanced playmaker, same goes for AMR?

Not sure how effective that role would be on a winger, rather than an inside forward.

It's understandable that Messi would make a good playmaker, despite his right-hand side starting position, as he always cuts into the centre anyway, but I can't see it having any positive effect for a winger.

Not sure how effective that role would be on a winger, rather than an inside forward.

It's understandable that Messi would make a good playmaker, despite his right-hand side starting position, as he always cuts into the centre anyway, but I can't see it having any positive effect for a winger.

I play Theo Walcott on the right hand side as an inside forward. Admittedly i haven't tried playing him as an Adv. Playmaker, but its the same kind of thing. If you don't want them to cut inside, whether it be onto their stronger or weaker foot, and instead want them to hug the line like a natural winger, then i'd say Adv. Playmaker wouldn't be the right way forward. I think it depends on who it is you're planning to play there though, for example Samir Nasri would probably still be quite effective like that, or Gourcuff, or Ozil on the left, because they're all playmakers.

My point is exactly that. It might work for inside-forward, as they cut in centrally, but a winger's job is primarily crossing the ball into an advanced position for the forwards, not for using their quick feet to dribble past the opposing team's players.

i used gourcuff that way on right wing advanced playmaker,he does wonders

Playing a Winger on a AMR or AML position basically gives the player lots of freedom so if he wants he crosses the ball,or cuts indside....players like Messi do wonders with it

i play my Amr and Aml as Advanced Playmakers - attack when i play only 1 upfront, i would have a left footed player eg. Alessandro Rosina - Zenit (prime example) on the Right hand side and a right footed player eg: Nani - Manchester United on the left hand side.

some retraining will have to take place most of the time to accomodate their new positions...
*(if the player has a good long shot attribute, i usually change role to Support)

other good examples are:

Renato Augusto - Leverkusen
Julio Baptista - Roma
Elano - Galatasaray
Pablo Piatti - Almeria
Paulo Henrique - Santos
Hatem Ben Arfa - OM
Jeremy Menez - Roma

well and many more, i can go on forever :D