Advice for Clueless American

neef

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I got FM05 last September and have since put it in my top video games of all time list. It was especially fun and challenging because I knew basically nothing about football (this version of it, anyway). I took Rushden from D2 to the Championship league in about 4 seasons but then I got stuck just trying to stay there, mostly because of the difference in resources available. I tried to get another job but no one at that level wanted me (in several countries). I got bored and thought it'd be a good time to upgrade so I have just gotten FM06. My question is what team would be a good "step up" from a Rushden type? (some more money, better stadium - but not an elite one) - possibly in a country other than England (I'm sick of the foreign players with low Caps getting rejected with the passport thing in England). Also, at what point do you start getting the better jobs if you start at a lower level team? How much success would you need at a mid-level team to get a top-notched position?

Thanks for your help guys. This game has opened my eyes to another great sport.

Try Serie B in Italy or 2nd Div in Spain and team in those leagues is better than Rushen

Also what do you mean another great sport, it is thee sport

Gregor said:
Try Serie B in Italy or 2nd Div in Spain and team in those leagues is better than Rushen

Also what do you mean another great sport, it is thee sport

Hah! Good one! But for me baseball is THEE sport. If your unfamiliar with that great game try out Out of the Park 6.0, then you'll experience what I did but backwards. :) Besides my USA team stinks (overrated!), of course the USA team got crushed in the World Baseball Classic too...

American sports r soo dull.

Baseball, basically rounders, which is just simple cricket and cricket is sooo ****

American Football, Rugby for gays

Basketball, meh, not too bad, but far too repitive

Yea Gregor is right your sports are not very popular anywhere else :D

American's are indifferent to the feelings of Europeans.

American football is very different to rugby Gregor, don't let ignorance spoil the chance to watch a brilliant sport.

I learned the rules to Baseball, Gridiron, Basketball by playing the games on my Segas and Commodore 64's and nintendos and ps1's. I used to watch them all on tv but as i got older the only game i still am passionate about it Football. For good challenge and fun, Try Japan, Australian A-league, Sweden, Germany, Italy, Spain......there's plenty of good leagues to play in than English. You will also find that Asian,Australian,African,Eastern European and American (N and S) players will join to most W-Euro clubs.
I started a game with HONKA in the Finnish 2nd Division, took them to premiership and now am struggling to stay in there, but it is a rewarding experience and a lot of learning for the next game.

Thanks for the advice guys. I chose Tenerife from Spain and have enjoyed that experience so far. (terrible coaches though, I wish I could get rid of them!)

Can you recall players on loan in the Spanish leagues? I want to but I can't figure out how.

clackerbag said:
American football is very different to rugby Gregor, don't let ignorance spoil the chance to watch a brilliant sport.

I have watched it, on 3 occasions, tiwce being superbowl (which is as good as it gets)

both times ***** and boring

neef said:
Can you recall players on loan in the Spanish leagues? I want to but I can't figure out how.

You will be able to if it was agreed when the loan deal was made. If not, then you will have to wait for the loan to end.

I am playin with melbourne victory in the A-league and after two seasons of winning everything except the afc cup (****** perth glory) i got a job in league one with Oldham. So its possible to get a alrite job i suppose if u have success even if its in Australia or Asia. You just have to work your way up.

yup, you gotta earn your right to be a good manager and work your way up, can take time so be patient :)

Gregor said:
American sports r soo dull.

Baseball, basically rounders, which is just simple cricket and cricket is sooo ****

American Football, Rugby for gays

Basketball, meh, not too bad, but far too repitive

Hav 2 agree American sports r dull. How dare u call Cricket ****, nt the best spectator sport (which is clearly Rugby League) but is sooo fun 2 play.