zigaliro555

Reaction score
Hello! I`m currently managing FC Barcelona. I`m still a noob at this game. I want to play possession based football(Kinda like Enrique`s barcelona). I made Suarez CF on support, because I heard that this would make him drop deeper and would make space for Messi and Neymar to cut inside. I also want to give Messi more freedom to create changes. That`s why I gave him Player instruction "more risky passes", does that work? Or should I give him some additional player instructions like "more direct passing"? In pre-season we did well, we won all friendlies WITHOUT conceding, but when the season started, we had a match against Sevilla in Super Cup, and we won 4-5, we scored alot, but also conceded alot.

My tactics are:

Control mentality with Fluid team shape. My team instructions are lower tempo, shorter passing, close down more, much more higher defensive line, play out of defense, roam from positions, work ball in to the box, retain possession.

Formation:
Ter stegen(SK-su)

Alves(WB-at) Pique(CD-de) Mascherano(CD-de) Alba(WB-at)

Busquets(DM-de)

Rakitic(DLP-su) Iniesta(AP-at)

Messi(IF-at) Suarez(CF-su) Neymar(IF-at)

Let us start with the basics. That isn't possession football. Cleon did a great thread about possession football using the more risky mentalities.

The Art of Possession Football

Edit: Defensively, it's very aggressive. Is it working the way you want it to? Keep in mind that the AML and AMR won't be helping out too much to come deeper,defensively. You fullbacks are also extremely aggressive in possession, so combined with the AML/AMR, leaves your flanks completely unmanned.

Last edited:
Let us start with the basics. That isn't possession football. Cleon did a great thread about possession football using the more risky mentalities.

Edit: Defensively, it's very aggressive. Is it working the way you want it to? Keep in mind that the AML and AMR won't be helping out too much to come deeper,defensively. You fullbacks are also extremely aggressive in possession, so combined with the AML/AMR, leaves your flanks completely unmanned.

Thanks for the reply, I thought I know what possession football is, but I guess I`m wrong :(

Do you know any good guides where player roles are explained?

Do you know any good guides where player roles are explained?
The game itself? You get role descriptions, descriptions about the duty in that role, key attributes that give you a big clue as to what the role focuses on and also default Player Instructions. How it all links can be easily seen in a match.

hover the mouse cursor over the role and it should explain it

Under the sticky in this category WJ has posted some greats links to other documents. I found the lines and diamond pdf very useful and in there is a section on the roles which offers a slightly different perspective. It's a hefty read mind but worth going through.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, my problem is that I`m getting alot of shots on target and even off target, but we just can`t score alot of goals, and most of the time opponents then counter attack us by playing a through ball and they score a goal, that`s why I set a new team instruction offside trap, but it still doesn`t help. I also set Rakitič as CM on sup so he can help defend more, and I also changed the rule of Busquets to Half back. My shot on target completion rate is 49% that means we are getting at least half of shots on target, yet we only scored 12% of shot attempts.

View attachment 165937

Is it something wrong with my half back Sergio Busquets? Shouldn`t the Half back act as a third center back when we are in possession and our wing backs are pushing forward? Because, my half back never does that, he is always in front of the two center backs leaving a gap behind like this:

View attachment 163520

I didn`t give him any player instructions.

The halfback doesn't really work as well as it is. I think the anchorman role looks more like a halfback.

Have you tried any different for the central midfielders?

How can you win away matches? I just can`t win an away match!! I need help with away matches!

Out of last 9 league away matches I have: 5 draws, 3 loses, and only 1 win!!

The reason from my point of view why we can`t win them: Alot of changes, alot of shots on target, but no goals, and then opponent have like 1-2 shots on target and instant goal..... Ahh why does opponent always need less shots to score a goal -_-

Last edited:
Seriously, IM NOT HAVING FUN WITH THIS GAME BECAUSE OF THE IMPOSSIBLE AWAY MATCHES. We played real betis, we had sooo many changes but no goals, luckily we scored in the last minute with a penalty, then a home game against Bayern in champions cup, it should be hard right? Well nope, its home game, it was pretty easy, we beat them 3-0 we completely dominated them. Then an return leg away from home, we shouldn`t really have a problem if we beat them 3-0 in the first leg right? Well, NOPE, ITS AWAY GAME, WE WILL BECOME SO BAD, they scored 4 goals, they played with less men, yet they dominated us like we don`t know how to play football, and knocked us out of the champions cup , what`s the point of playing away matches if I already know my team will be so bad and will lose!?!

Try DR/L on support. i would prefer them as Fullback. DLP as Def and DMC as support. Ap as support too.
TI
Short passes
High line
offside trap
Attacking mentality
Close down often
Run with the ball often
Expressive
Low crosses
Well it might work. just top of my head on it. the problem would be the tempo and width. oh and i prefer flexible rather than fluid.

Last edited:
I would change Rakitic to CM(S) because I think it'll make your attack to be more efficient

Seriously, IM NOT HAVING FUN WITH THIS GAME BECAUSE OF THE IMPOSSIBLE AWAY MATCHES. We played real betis, we had sooo many changes but no goals, luckily we scored in the last minute with a penalty, then a home game against Bayern in champions cup, it should be hard right? Well nope, its home game, it was pretty easy, we beat them 3-0 we completely dominated them. Then an return leg away from home, we shouldn`t really have a problem if we beat them 3-0 in the first leg right? Well, NOPE, ITS AWAY GAME, WE WILL BECOME SO BAD, they scored 4 goals, they played with less men, yet they dominated us like we don`t know how to play football, and knocked us out of the champions cup , what`s the point of playing away matches if I already know my team will be so bad and will lose!?!
That's just a copy of the same post you just made over at SI. Provide some actual information or all we'll do is guess.