Nazgul Killer

Reaction score
Hey guys.

I need some advice, I'm at my third season overall (All three with Newcastle), currently at my pre-season.

First season I performed well above expectations, finishing in fourth (Or fifth) spot, winning the FA Cup and the English League Cup.
Second season I performed once again well above expectations, going on an unbeaten season in the Premiership to take first place and win the FA Cup while losing the English League Cup quite early on and losing the Champions League in the semi finals against A.C. Milan (2-2, penalties ended 4-2 for them).

So, as you can tell, my team is in a rather good shape recently. I've had a budget increase of 100 Million U.S. Dollars overall, and a record breaking transfer budget of 36 Million USD for me. I've spent 30 Million (10 in advanced, 20 later on) for Jack Rodwell and signed Alan Dzagoev once his contract ends (Costing me 2.7 Million when CSKA Moscow wanted a blasting 80 Million for him), so I'm quite joyous.

My strikers are developing (Two twenty year olds, two nineteen year olds, a 23 year old and a 31 year old) quite rapidly, as are my midfielders and my goalkeeper has been quite the surprise, while my defenders were quite disappointing... But those aren't my problems.

My problem is that I don't know how to approach the new season. Season 2 has been awful for me when it comes to managing, it has been hectic, challenging, horribly difficult... Juggling 4-5 competitions and using the depth of my squad while maintaining the same quality had me give up my the League Cup and the Champions League, luckily enough my squad appears to have infinite depth and quality as my so called reserve squad managed to destroy Sparta Prague 6-0, and beat A.C. Milan 3-0 in the Group Stages and bring me forward.

I have had to juggle tactics like a maniac, switching between 4-2-2-2, to 4-5-1, to 3-5-2, 3-4-3... It has been a crazy season.

So I need advice; How should I approach this new season? If you need any more info, go ahead and ask... I just need some help. I want to avoid the heavy reliance on luck that I had the second season.