Advice for those who manage Emmanuel Adebayor

Reaction score
I am now managing Manchester City with all their new summer signings. Adebayor, Santa Cruz, Lescott Etc.

During pre-season I noticed that Adebayor was turning up with very disappointing performances with no-goals in 4 games against lesser oppositions. I didn't pay this too much attention because friendly matches count for nothing but match fitness.
But then the season began...

In the first 3 games of the league against Hull, Portsmouth & Stoke, Adebayor failed to score or assist in any of these games and had an average rating of 5.5. Which is bellow par for someone of his ability.

And then I took measures, I criticized his performances and in the next 3 fixtures I gave him an individual team talk of 'I expect a performance' and Adebayor struck a brace in every fixture.

It also helps if after each match you individually tell him that he did well, not that you are delighted, he just simply did well. And Adebayor will keep up his form. I also told him to stop being offside so much and asked him to place his shots shortly after.

BTW: If you're wondering why I didn't just drop Adebayor to the Bench, it is because Carlos Tevez, Craig Bellamy and Santa Cruz we're all injured and I simply refuse to play Benjani. :D

Last edited:
I havent updated so i have him still at arsenal but i sold him as soon as i could and bought eto who is much better in my opinion

I havent updated so i have him still at arsenal but i sold him as soon as i could and bought eto who is much better in my opinion

I came close to doing exactly that, before he discovered his form and I saved my self an arm and a leg on Pato!

I am now managing Manchester City with all their new summer signings. Adebayor, Santa Cruz, Lescott Etc.

During pre-season I noticed that Adebayor was turning up with very disappointing performances with no-goals in 4 games against lesser oppositions. I didn't pay this too much attention because friendly matches count for nothing but match fitness.
But then the season began...

In the first 3 games of the league against Hull, Portsmouth & Stoke, Adebayor failed to score or assist in any of these games and had an average rating of 5.5. Which is bellow par for someone of his ability.

And then I took measures, I criticized his performances and in the next 3 fixtures I gave him an individual team talk of 'I expect a performance' and Adebayor struck a brace in every fixture.

It also helps if after each match you individually tell him that he did well, not that you are delighted, he just simply did well. And Adebayor will keep up his form. I also told him to stop being offside so much and asked him to place his shots shortly after.

BTW: If you're wondering why I didn't just drop Adebayor to the Bench, it is because Carlos Tevez, Craig Bellamy and Santa Cruz we're all injured and I simply refuse to play Benjani. :D
c if u do the same with van persie will it help him score mare coz ave noticed he doesnae score as many as ad hope

I always find it hard with berbatov aswell

c if u do the same with van persie will it help him score mare coz ave noticed he doesnae score as many as ad hope

On my previous Arsenal FM, I ended up selling Van Persie before I discovered my technique for Adebayor.

Try asking him not to shoot with power anymore, Not guaranteeing it will work, but I did the same for Rooney who liked to power his shots and he starting scoring alot more.

Sumtimes offering a contract with the higset scoring bonuses aswell

Yeah offer a lower normal wage and a higher scoring bonus it always inspires them to score more

On my previous Arsenal FM, I ended up selling Van Persie before I discovered my technique for Adebayor.

Try asking him not to shoot with power anymore, Not guaranteeing it will work, but I did the same for Rooney who liked to power his shots and he starting scoring alot more.
all try tht :p cheers mate ;)