Advice Needed - Granada Club de Futbol: Stadium

WalkerRFC

Reaction score
Hello,

After a holiday to Spain in which I got the chance to attend a Granada CF match, I adopted a new club to support after thoroughly enjoying the match experience, alongside Glasgow Rangers.

On Football Manager 2013, we were predicted 17th or 18th in our first season. I managed to achieve 3rd. The second season, we were predicted 5th. I achieved 3rd place, and spent a considerable amount on players that off-season to try and push the club to the next level. I have just finished my third season, and we finished 2nd, nine points off winners Real Madrid. It is now pre-season, I have spent a lot of money to bring in players to push for the title (although my squad is still not of Real Madrid-calibre). My finances were "Rich" but after my recent spending, they are branded "okay".

I am £17,000,000 in the red for projected balance. Obviously, my finances will improve with Champions League football and no doubt I will finish with a positive bank balance come June.

However, I feel I need to invest in the stadium in order push the club to the next level, instead of investing in players. Our stadium is tiny in comparison with whom we are competing with. Los Carmenes Stadium has a capacity of 22,524. Our average attendance by capacity for the past two seasons has been 99% and we regularly sell-out tickets for the match. Off the top of my head, I think we had about 11 sell-outs last year in the league alone, as well as sell-outs in the Champions Cup.

Here is my squad, the other missing players are David Ospina and Mateo Musacchio.

View attachment 353834

What shall my plan of action be to convince my board to build a new stadium? Currently, the option is greyed out. I do not own my stadium and so cannot expand it. Should I sell Nicklas Helenius for around £9m so that my finances will be "secure" and then just save? It would be virtually impossible for me to "save" for the funds to get a new stadium in 2-3 seasons, without spending big to buy good players. Obviously, I am looking towards youth to bring in good players too.

What shall my plan of action be? The goal: to save enough to build a new stadium.

Thanks.

I'd like to add, we have sold 18,475 season tickets, which is the vast majority of our stadium...

You don't actually need to save money to build a new stadium. In my Hospitalet save I got a 25k stadium after I got promoted to La Liga after 2 season and I only had about 8mio as balance. The club made a loan of 50mio, so I could build the new stadium. Just keep getting good results and keep reaching the CL

Be patient and earn competitions to get more rep, better sponsors, more money, better players, more rep, more sponsors, more money, better players, more rep, more sponsors, more money and eventually a new stadium :D

It's the most annoying thing about the game IMO I have won CL and league titles numerous times and my capacity is 12,500 which really buggers me up!

IK the feeling as well won CL and the prem with Bristol city fc to many times to count and I'm still at Ashton gate. WORST THING IS WE R BUILDING A 40K STADIUM IRL!!! dam SI you got that one wrong

It seems there is a stronger point in taking a small club with a larger stadium to glory than a small club with a smaller stadium to glory, that has a better budget or facilities, for example.

It does sound like you need a new ground as you are pretty much selling out all the time and no doubt with increased rep from CL football fanbase will grow. However unfortunately I think it will be hard and as someone else said a long term project. It will be hard because:

1. You don't own your current ground. It is always cheaper and quicker to expand an existing ground. Also when building a new ground selling existing ground helps with costs.

2. Your current finances aren't great. With a projected balance of -£17m you will need a really good run in CL to breakeven, probably at least to quarter-finals.

3. Although you are currently selling out most games and with your good results increasing rep the board look at the long term potential fanbase growth. If the local area only has a small population and/or your competing against other local clubs for fans it doesn't matter how many trophies you win you will never get huge crowds. I don't know about Granada but you can check in the editor.

I think you need to decide what you want out of the save. If you want to stay at Granada and grow them into a top team challenging Madrid and Barca title and doing well each year in CL you would probably do best by selling your older players who will get a decent fee and replacing them with cheaper youngsters. This will help to improve finances. Also improve your youth facilities if they are not already top and in the future you should get some decent regens. In the short term you might find it hard particuly in CL but you should still be able to get top 4 in la liga to qualify for CL each year and the money that comes with it. Then in the long term you will have a good young team, regens coming through and improved finances which should get the board to build a bigger ground.

If you just want a new ground with Granada and then move clubs buy the best players you can, hope to win trophies straight away and keep selling out current ground. Then hope the board will build new ground although your finances will be in the s*** so no guarantees they will and even if they do you will probaby have to sell all your best players to stop the club going bankrupt. So you might end playing in a nice new shiny 50,000 seat stadium which is only half full, with a **** team and the club about to go under....

Point 3 is wrong:

Pinhalnovense is a club in Portugal from a town called Pinhal Novo. They have +/- 15.000 inhabitants.

In 2213, in a FM save game in SI forum, this club had a stadium of more than 120.000 seats.

Point 3 is wrong:

Pinhalnovense is a club in Portugal from a town called Pinhal Novo. They have +/- 15.000 inhabitants.

In 2213, in a FM save game in SI forum, this club had a stadium of more than 120.000 seats.

Fair enough I guess that far in the future that sort of population growth is possible but that is one long term save :)