Chriis

Reaction score
So, I'm at the end of the 2023/2024 season and here is my dilemna...

I took over Fulham 3 seasons ago when they had just been relegated to League 2. They had a £0k transfer budget and a £25k wage budget. After back to back promotions to the Championship for the 23/24 season, I find myself still with only a £163k transfer budget, £40k wage budget and no matter how much I try (Including selling a free transfer on for £300k), the finances are always insecure...

So the first season back in the Championship I cam a respectable 10th place, and without 5 losses in my last 6 or 7 games I would have finished 6th place (where I'd been most of the season).

I have an offer from mega rich Ajax to decide over at the end of the season, giving me an £800k wage budget and £38m to spend on transfers for a team who up until recently have been underperforming.

My question is... Stay at Fulham and try and get them promoted to the Premiership even with very little funds? Or go to Ajax, build my own squad and play European football.

join Ajax , you deserve a decent budget after two seasons at cash strapped fulham , go challange for titles , cups and the champs league , good luck

Thanks for the advice! Was swaying towards Ajax... I just really wanted to get fulham back to the Premiership, but this kind of offer doesn't come around often!

yea , where was you at before , fulham?

I was at Newcastle for ages, but before Fulham I had a year at Everton but only finished 5th (expecting European football) so I decided to give myself a new challenge before I got bored.

Id defo go for Ajax - But then if you stay at Fulham you may have a tycoon takeover within a couple of seasons and you could be like the Man City of your game. Its a toughy though

I wouldn't want to stay at Fulham, hoping someone took over though... They are in ridiculous debt and I feel points could be deducted next season after not getting to the Premiership.

I don't like having 2 saves, I feel I'd be cheating if I had the best of both...

And I think the debt was £26m and the Chariman was having to pump millions in per season for running costs.

I wouldn't want to stay at Fulham, hoping someone took over though... They are in ridiculous debt and I feel points could be deducted next season after not getting to the Premiership.

GET OVER TO AJAX THEN, SMOKE SOME GEAR AND WIN SOME TROPHIES

Haha but it's just the challenge of Fulham that was appealing? Although with everyone else saying Ajax I think my mind is almost made up!

I want to take crawley to premier league and then im open to offers, Cant see me leaving for anyone except a champions league club like AJAX so you should just do it, especially if fulham are in debt, Im only in my 2ND season so a long way to go for me :)

what is your game time?? must be months and months surely??

Game time is just over 20 days :)

Good effort, My Mrs would kill me if i was on for that amount of time, slowly creeping in the hours though

whats your win ratio of your games???

Win ratio is exactly 50% and the hours soon mount up!

same as me from 1 and a half seasons, although that will decline when i get into championship i reckon