crispy2rule

Reaction score
Hi guys

Recently started a new file as an unemployed, ex Sunday League footballer playing England (League 2 and above), USA, France, Germany, Italy, Holland, Spain (All premier divisions only) and Scotland (Third Division and above). After sitting in Manager Holiday for about 3 years, I got the York City job in League 2 and kept them up in my first season. In my second season, I resigned the day before the final league game of the season as they were 2 points adrift at the bottom of the league and didn't want to risk a relegation against my name. That was in May 2014. Its now November 2019 and I've been unemployed all this time and not had a single job offer. I'm linked with the odd job in Scotland and the media have predicted I have an outside chance of getting some jobs in League 2. Was just wondering if anyone has had any similar experiences or advice on whether I should call it a day with that file and start a new one or keep at it!

Cheers

Andrew

If you want to use Sunday League as your reputation, you really need to have lower divisions active for exactly this reason. :)

I don't know if it makes a difference but my reputation has gone from Unproven to Local which, if my years of playing FM has taught me anything, is a good thing!

Yep, that's your problem. Almost all of the teams that would hire you aren't manageable bacause you only chose the top leagues. You should go with the lowest tiers in at least three or four countries, and then you have a chance of actually playing :)
Or just set your reputation high, but only go for low division jobs...

I don't know if it makes a difference but my reputation has gone from Unproven to Local which, if my years of playing FM has taught me anything, is a good thing!

Of course, but it's still too low for like 95% of the teams manageable with your current leagues loaded...

Tranmere, League One, their Physio is now their manager IN REAL LIFE. It can happen :)

Only one Les Parry!