Advice On how to get a former player as Coach?

nilanjan2009

Reaction score
Well, I have never tried this before... but how can you get a former player to be a coach or *** man in the game.... can it be done after only they retire... but the players who retire go completely off my game... any suggestions are welcome...
cause I feel the players who are favoured personnels at the club would generally be good coaches as they will get respect from the players..

those who are definitly off are those that don't want to stay in the business, if not when one retires just give him a new contract.

but the thing is when they retire they just seem to go off and there is no news about them...how to keep a track of these players?

i think you offer a contract just before he retires, not really sure i got marcos senna as a player/coach on 9.2 ages ago so..

okies...coz seeing that I'm in 2017...quite a few good players are retiring and they look to try their hand in coaching...case in point Puyol, Marquez, Abidal, Gerrard...so need to keep tabs on them:D... n hopefully get them

If they just go off, that means they did not want to remain in football, so you will not be able to get them as a coach.

In my everton game I got Ivan Helguera as a physio after he retired lol.

When players are getting to the end of their careers, they will tell you about their plans for retirement. You can find this information in their personal information screen. Some players want to leave the game for good though, so you won't be able to offer them a coaching role.

on player interaction you can tell players who are about to retire that you think they would make great coaches or assistants and stuff like that. so they will want to get in the game infact you can start telling them this when they are around 30. this will make them want to saty in the game and soon after that he will have staff attibutes above this player attiubutes.

thanx will start doing that now...so they hopefully stay in the game...:D

As broughton said you can influence retiring payers by saying they'll make good coaches/scouts etc.

Some however just retire and get out of footy (the sensible ones, lol)

Try searching for staff and putting maximum age at about 35-40 for some retired footballers. I did this and now with Leeds have Gerrard, Barmby, Robbie Blake and Alan Smith as my assistant

When offering contracts to older players you can select Player/Coach etc. Rather than just Full-Time Player..