L0NG_SH0TS

Reaction score
Hi all,

background: A year ago my Everton team was taken over by Consortium who invested £100m last window, and hav now decided to stop investing. They do however expect me to defend my PL title.

Here's the team:

__________Cavani
__________(Jelavic)

Hazard_____( ? )____Willian
(Lodeiro) __________(Gueye)

____Fernandinho___K Asamoah
_____(Cahill)_______(Rodwell)

____________( ? )_________

Baines Jagielka Heitinga M Isla
(Armero) (Yobo) (Astori) (Romario)

I sold both Fellaini and Granero this window (Real Madrid unsettling Fellaini :mad:, and an "offer i couldn't refuse" for Granero:D)
So now, I have £15 million left to spend, but am totally stuck what to spend it on:

Should I be spending it on a defensive midfielder, or an attacking midfielder?

I could get Lacazette for approx £15m, and move Hazard to AMC, but my big worry is that my team is too attacking at the moment; Fernandinho and Asamoah are all-round mids, not def-mids. And my FBs are attacking too! But if I spend on a def-mid,would there be enough goals from my midfield?

Advice would be greatly appreciated, and any specific player recommendations!

Over to you...

(apologies in advance if this is on the wrong thread)

Last edited:
I'm not sure what to say. You do have a problem with Willian and Hazard. They dont score much even if you focus training on finishing.
The budget isnt a problem if you wanna buy in monthly payments.
I'd go big as train Willian's finishing ( it can still get to 14 in season 2), put Hazard in AMC as playmaker and get an IF, see if Hulk is upset. I remember being offered Hulk for 44mil early in the game. It is risky but I like goals.
If you want a DM then you need a B2B or some other type of MC ( CMA?) to pose more of a goal threat as Hazard and Willian arent the best for this.
Oh, how's Cavani scoring? If he scores a lot then definitely get a DM. What GK do you have? did you concede much last season?

Thx for the reply dngrs

Conceded quite a few last season, but got away with it due to Hazard getting 22 assists and 16 goals last season! But it was different then, because I had Fellaini in the side.

This season after 3 games I have scored 10 goals, but also conceded 6 (too many for title contenders...).

I only have £15 mil, so Hulk is outta the question.

I have managed to unsettle G Rossi now, and could get him if I offload a few reserve- players, my worry is it'll be too attacking, but I'll follow ur advice and go for it!!