Welcome to FM Base
Want access to our Standard Logo Megapack and P20 kit packs? You know what to do!
Register

Advice on where to play players

malhar

Mar 6, 2012
just wondering...if anyone has ever had Kara from Tromso on their save. is it better to train him as a centre back and play his as a centre back? or would i be better off playing him as a ball winning midfielder in a central midfield role (i dont play a DM). i'm at celtic btw, in 2013 january, so basically my second season. and i wont be able to use kara until the season after next because of his work permit issues. also, Christian Eriksen, i'm currently playing him as an advanced playmaker in a central midfield position. would it be worth while training him as an inside forward on the left wing? would he be more effective there? thanks for any advice..

Jan 7, 2012
i have both players on my juve game and kara is an absolute beast cb 7.5 average rating each season so good in the air and eriksen i play him how u r and he is an assist machine could do with few more goals low 5 at most a season

malhar

Mar 6, 2012
i have both players on my juve game and kara is an absolute beast cb 7.5 average rating each season so good in the air and eriksen i play him how u r and he is an assist machine could do with few more goals low 5 at most a season
okay thanks a lot..appreciate it. so Kara at CB and Eriksen as i am playing him right now. perfect.

Jan 7, 2012
yes i have kara as a ball playing cb and i have only just started training him as a cb if i know how 2 i would post u some screenshorts of his ratings etc

malhar

Mar 6, 2012
yes i have kara as a ball playing cb and i have only just started training him as a cb if i know how 2 i would post u some screenshorts of his ratings etc
its easy to post screenshots. just go to the page of which you want to take a screenshot, and press Alt+F9. the screenshot gets automatically saved as a png file in Documents --> Sports Interactive ---> Football Manager ----> Screenshots. and then you can easily post the image here.

Jan 7, 2012
thanks a lot mate! i cant wait for another season to finish and i can get him a work permit! btw, i also have ruben yttergard jenssen in my starting 11 at Celtic. not a bad little player him.

no not bad at all rotate him a lot with henriksen another gem from norway (rosenborg) is a wonderkid on my save now but i struggle with wot role to play these 2

malhar

Mar 6, 2012
dunno about henriksen. but i usually play yttergard jenssen as a box-to-box midfielder. or sometimes even a balll winning midfielder. and it seems to work perfectly for my tactic and for my team. but i think his best position is as a deep-lying playmaker with support duty.