rocheyb

Reaction score
View attachment 139271

I'm managing Sheffield Wednesday and we're currently 2nd in the Championship, vying for promotion to the Premier League as we go into the last third of the season. The screenshot shows this season's Youth Intake - and as you can see, it indicates that we need to drastically improve upon our existing youth facilities, youth coaching, Head of Youth Development etc, because none of this lot appears to stand a chance of ever becoming a Premier League quality footballer... and as a Southampton fan, this sickens me to my very core! ;-p

In the experience of my fellow FM-ers, are this lot already a lost cause or would you still be optimistic that you might be able to turn one or two of them into decent first team players? I know what to do - tutoring, specific training, loaning out - I just don't know if it's going to be worth the effort with any of these players. Are there any particular player attributes that might identify an individual youth player as being more likely to dramatically improve?

View attachment 1065532

I'm managing Sheffield Wednesday and we're currently 2nd in the Championship, vying for promotion to the Premier League as we go into the last third of the season. The screenshot shows this season's Youth Intake - and as you can see, it indicates that we need to drastically improve upon our existing youth facilities, youth coaching, Head of Youth Development etc, because none of this lot appears to stand a chance of ever becoming a Premier League quality footballer... and as a Southampton fan, this sickens me to my very core! ;-p

In the experience of my fellow FM-ers, are this lot already a lost cause or would you still be optimistic that you might be able to turn one or two of them into decent first team players? I know what to do - tutoring, specific training, loaning out - I just don't know if it's going to be worth the effort with any of these players. Are there any particular player attributes that might identify an individual youth player as being more likely to dramatically improve?

I tend not to bother with coach reports so much. Look at the attributes for the position and keep them on. They may or may not develop. Thats what happens IRL. I always find it helpful to keep some of them around. Helps with U18 & reserves depth during their games.

IMO anything below 1.5 I get rid. On occasions I have had 1.5 & 2 star players turn out slightly better. I wouldnt play any 0.5 stars now or in the future so I get rid straight off.

I tend to keep them all, even if it is to sell the player in a few years to lower league sides.