TheLastAvatar

Reaction score
So i'm about halfway through my lower league management season in the eighth tier of English football and i've been performing poorly for the last couple of weeks and while i'm still second I thought I would ask for some help. I haven't won a game in 5 matches and my team don't seem to respond to anything I try, so any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I've been in similar situations. I had one recently where after 10 game unbeaten run I went 7 games without a win including 5 losses. I tried various techniques such as altering team talks, speaking to media, etc. I would say try and change your tactics, if you're playing 4-3-3 drop back to a 4-4-2 or vice versa.

I play an attacking 4-4-2 narrow diamond and when my form dropped recently I switched to a 4-5-1 and picked up a couple of 1-0 wins, then reverted back to a 4-4-2. I don't know why this happens (read it's to do with being more defensive sometimes helps rebuild confidence) but would reccome do you shuffle it up and see what happens...

I always find a more cautious approach helps when my team hits a rough patch. Try to grind out some results until the players confidence returns.