Advice: Who to sign

PearlJam

Reaction score
I'm playing currently with blackburn an i'm lookin for:

Young (best available i guess) wonderkids/ stars ;

Positions: ST, DL, and AMF/CMF

Give your opinions :)

(oh and i'm new to fm09 so if you could describe the players it would be awesome)

lb: marcelo from madrid if he will go there amf/cmf: axel witsel st: paloschi at the beginning of game is really cheap

tried to get paloschi at the beginning of the season he didn't want to transfer... same thing with toni kroos (a lot of fuss about that lad)

for a left back try to get joe mattock from leicester or a guy called matj rapnik on a free or alan sheehan from leeds they are all really good and potentially excellant left backs.

I've got $65M and i've got a short squad

also i don't mind spending all those 65 on a quality player as long as he's worth it

Hmmm....personally I'd go for:

DL: Those mentioned above plus Taye Taiwo from Olympic Marseille. Has pretty good stats and can improve as only 23

MC: Veloso, Moutinho, Vukcevic. All from Sporting Lisbon. Veloso is defensive midfielder, the others are attack midfield and Vuk can play left midfield. All good players.

ST: Lewandowski, Fleck. Both are very good prospects for the future if trained right

I'm sure there are loads more players people will recommend. Its best to get your scouts working hard to find players.

just a question: most of the player's improvements are based on the right training, right? is there someplace where i could download made and tested training schedules? and if so, which ones would you recommend?

Edit: i know you can download training schedules but which ones would you recommend as best?

Last edited:
http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/f59/tugs-training-2009-t10673.html

This is the one most people who download any use. There's another one called the "Holy Training Pack" but I can't remember where to find it offhand. Either one is good. The differences is that Tug's is generalised for positions whereas Holy has seperate ones for Fast/Target strikers etc. Always remember to adjust the training regimes according to your players' strengths and weaknesses

Thanks a lot for your help, now only waiting for more recommendations and see which players i'll approach to sign :)

get davide santon and convert him to a left back he is brilliant for me and its where he plays for inter irl

Okay, after doing a bit of information gathering i think a great prospect for the dl position is gareth bale. what do you think? and how about a dr too?

alright thanks i think i'm set with defenders only waiting on midfielders and strikers now

Daniel Schwaab also turns out to be a quality RB, plus he can play CB, he plays for freiburg, in my leverkusen game i signed him on a free and sold him to Real for £65M

what about Aaron Ramsey (arsenal's midfielder) is he a worthwhile signing?

aaron ramsey is quite good and becomes better if you play him

so do you think i should sign him? i am planning on giving him a regular first team spot

ye i would he plays well for my arsenal team when i start him so he should be good for yor blackburn team

Lb: Gareth Bale(Tottenham), Joe Mattock(Lecister , Aly Cissokho(Porto)
St: Federico Laurito(Udinese), Alberto Paloschi(Parma/A.C. Milan), Carlos Vela(Arsenal), Mario Balotelli(Inter)
Cm/Am: Joao Moutinho(Sporting CP), Axel Witsel(Standard), Steven Defour(Standard), Adrein(Sporting CP), Simon Vukcevic(Sporting CP)