garthy1706

Reaction score

After reaching a stage where I was getting a bit bored of some of my saves I decided to do a lower league save. I was looking for a Tier 10 database to download when I came across a Tier 24 database. After downloading the database and running the game I immediately when straight to Tier 24 and found only 2 manageable teams in a league of 9 and chose AFC Bolnore. My goal with them is to take them to the football league and beyond.

Transfers 1st Season.

View attachment 236425

After deciding not to fill teams up with regens I took to the market straight away to bolster my side and made a number of signings to take me through the first season. Unfortunately a number of them were unhappy later on in the season at the lack of game time so once I had my youth intake I decided to release them as I felt I had a sufficient number to take me to the end of the campaign.

League Fixtures and Table

View attachment 236416 View attachment 236414

As there is only 9 teams in Tier 24 we only had 16 fixtures to play. We won our first 5 games of the season to take an early lead in the league before we dropped our first points of the season. We then won our next 4 games to seal promotion to Tier 23. Unfortunately we dropped points in the next league game but didn't take long for us to secure the points we needed to win the league by winning the game after. We then stayed unbeaten to the last game of the season when we had a number of injuries and the young kids conceded a last minute goal to fall to a defeat. All in all though a great league campaign and now we move up a division.

Cup Fixtures

View attachment 236415 View attachment 236413

We had 2 cups to play for this year both which had teams from higher divisions but that didn't stop us winning both. We had one close game in the Tester Challenge Cup where a late goal helped us to a 5-4 win. In the Brain Hall Challenge we were never really tested and won the final comfortably.

So we won the treble this year and I will be disappointed if we don't get back to back promotions after the performances we put in this season. As my youngsters aren't quite good enough yet I will be looking to strengthen again in the off season.

View attachment 236314

After winning the league last season and getting promoted I wasn't going to rest on my laurels and got my scouts working immediately to find me players to boost the squad I already had. They found many a good player but I was looking for players who had played in higher leagues who could bring their experience to us and in the end I signed 9 players. I wasn't planning on bringing that many in but the problem with being an amatuer club is that clubs can take your players for free and we lost 6 good players, this enforced us to buy more players to cover there absence.

View attachment 236313

Now that we had all the players signed up it was now time to get down to pre season training and the friendlies we had penned in. Obviously they were against teams in higher divisions than us to 1 win and 3 draws was a good result for us but even if we had lost them all I wouldn't have been too disheartened as friendlies to me or to get players match fit. Once they were out of the way it was time to get down to the serious business and our first game was a cup game and a chance to defend the trophy we won last year. We played Handcross who are in the division above us and it couldn't have been much easier. We gave a debut to some of the new faces but it was the players who played last year who grabbed all the goals and sent us into the next round. We then faced Ashurst Wood who came up with us. We took an early lead thanks to an own goal. They then equalized in the 62nd minute and 20 minutes after that we were down to 10 men as 1 of our players came off injured after we had made all our subs. I was worried but thankfully 2 goals in 2 minutes eased my fears as we won the match 3-1 to get the league campaign off to a great start.

Now there's a challenge!

Should be easy going at first, but it will be interesting to see how quickly you can progress through the lowest tiers before you start slowing down a bit... ;)

have done a thing like this as well with AFC Bolnore it is pretty easy until level 9 where it is a bit of a challenge good luck man I'll be reading! :)

View attachment 236139 View attachment 236138

Half of the season has now past and the club is in a great position to get back to back promotions. Unfortunately after we managed to lose the 2nd league game of the season and we looked poor. After that I decided to switch from a 4-3-3 to a more conventional 4-4-2 and we reaped the rewards straight away winning 6-0 and 3-0. We were very lucky against Peacehaven where we were 2-0 down with minutes to go until Craig Hughes scored in the 90th and 92nd minute to rescue a point for us. We then got back to winning ways with a comfortable 2-0 win before we thumped Ashurst Wood to progress to the Quarter Final of the Tester Challenge Cup. 2nd in the Table AFC Uckfied were no match for us before we mad 2 hard fought victories to finish off the 1st half of the campaign.

We have also lost a couple of players as well to semi pro teams but I have managed to bring in adequate cover whilst using the young kids who have played exceptionally well.

On a side note any points on how I can improve the format will be much appreciated as it is a while since I did one of these.

Fixtures

View attachment 236033

We started the 2nd half of the campaign with a less than impressive 1-0 win over the team that came up with us last season. We were then back to our best winning 5-0 in the league and 2-0 in one of the cup competitions. We were then nearly embarrassed in the other cup but no goals in extra time ensured we made it to the next round. That performance continued in the next game as we only managed a 1-1 draw before normal service was resumed with a resounding 5-0 win in the cup. Another good performance followed with 3-0 victory in the league before 2 easy victories saw us progress into both cup finals. The 2 upcoming cup finals didn't affect our league form as a 6-0 win and 4-2 win set us up nicely for both cup finals. The 2 cup finals couldn't have gone much better as we won both relatively easy which meant we defended our titles. We then had 2 league games left and a 1-1 draw and 4-2 win meant after losing ou 2nd league game we went the rest of the season unbeaten.

Table

View attachment 236025

In the end the league campaign was sewn up pretty comfortably which meant I could play a few of the young kids to see how good they are. Next year with the right signings I don't see why we cant go up another division as we managed to beat better clubs in the cup competitions.

Funny how levels 21 and 22 seem to have lower reputations than level 23... ;)