AFC RUSHDEN & DIAMOND - BACK IN THE EFL?

JoeHolmes

Reaction score
Hello and Welcome to my FM save. In this save I am going to try and take AFC Rushden & Diamonds back to the EFL. The last time this club was in the Football League was back in 2005/06 Season when they were formally known as Rushden & Diamonds prior to 2010/11. The last 5 seasons has seen the club take 2 promotions as they try and work their way back up the football league pyramid. This there first season in the 7th Tier as the new reformed AFC Rushden & Diamonds.

View attachment 1190846
I was quite shocked with the wage they gave me per week but I ain't complaining ;)

View attachment 1190851

A few trophy's for the cabinet.

View attachment 1190852
And this is my squad. Some very decent players in the squad in which I hope I can keep for the season. There are a few areas in which I can improve on but so far so good. However I am slightly shocked of where they have predicted us to finish.

View attachment 1190854
We're predicted 21st. Great. With this in mind I am hoping that we can easily beat the drop and give us a target of a top half finish so we can build on something for next year. At the end of the day as long as I can get to the EFL within 10 seasons I will be happy. I am hoping that is a realistic challenge!

I also started this save unemployed so missed pre-season and the very first game of the season, whoops!

August Part 1

As this a big update I thought I would split the games in August into 2 parts.

View attachment 25995View attachment 25994

H vs. Needham Market - The first game vs Needham Market I cannot comment on due to me not managing the game but... 3 points!
A vs. Coalville Town - My First game in charge! A great start with a 2-0 win vs a average Coalville side. A great goal from Danny Clifton in the bottom corner and an OG in the 90th Min to seal all 3 points.

View attachment 25993View attachment 25992

H vs. Banbury United - A disappointing result at home but Banbury are a very good side in this division. Dominated the ball but couldn't find that final ball.
H vs. Lowestoft - No idea where to begin with this one. Start to finish we were dominated by a very poor Lowestoft side. Behind within 2 minutes by a Shaun Bammant Free Kick. We went attacking for the whole game and had over 13 shots on target but couldn't find the back of the net. All out attack and we were caught on the break.

4 games, 6 points. Not a bad start for a team predicted to finish second from bottom as we sit 9th place. A few new faces should hopefully help us out. I will see you in the next update!

Last edited:
Hello and Welcome to my FM save. In this save I am going to try and take AFC Rushden & Diamonds back to the EFL. The last time this club was in the Football League was back in 2005/06 Season when they were formally known as Rushden & Diamonds prior to 2010/11. The last 5 seasons has seen the club take 2 promotions as they try and work their way back up the football league pyramid. This there first season in the 7th Tier as the new reformed AFC Rushden & Diamonds.

View attachment 1190846
I was quite shocked with the wage they gave me per week but I ain't complaining ;)

View attachment 1190851

A few trophy's for the cabinet.

View attachment 1190852
And this is my squad. Some very decent players in the squad in which I hope I can keep for the season. There are a few areas in which I can improve on but so far so good. However I am slightly shocked of where they have predicted us to finish.

View attachment 1190854
We're predicted 21st. Great. With this in mind I am hoping that we can easily beat the drop and give us a target of a top half finish so we can build on something for next year. At the end of the day as long as I can get to the EFL within 10 seasons I will be happy. I am hoping that is a realistic challenge!

I also started this save unemployed so missed pre-season and the very first game of the season, whoops!

August Part 1

As this a big update I thought I would split the games in August into 2 parts.

View attachment 1190856View attachment 1190857

H vs. Needham Market - The first game vs Needham Market I cannot comment on due to me not managing the game but... 3 points!
A vs. Coalville Town - My First game in charge! A great start with a 2-0 win vs a average Coalville side. A great goal from Danny Clifton in the bottom corner and an OG in the 90th Min to seal all 3 points.

View attachment 1190858View attachment 1190859

H vs. Banbury United - A disappointing result at home but Banbury are a very good side in this division. Dominated the ball but couldn't find that final ball.
H vs. Lowestoft - No idea where to begin with this one. Start to finish we were dominated by a very poor Lowestoft side. Behind within 2 minutes by a Shaun Bammant Free Kick. We went attacking for the whole game and had over 13 shots on target but couldn't find the back of the net. All out attack and we were caught on the break.

4 games, 6 points. Not a bad start for a team predicted to finish second from bottom as we sit 9th place. A few new faces should hopefully help us out. I will see you in the next update!

I apologise but for some reason the first 4 images are just showing up as links, if anyone could help me on why this is that would be great!