AFC Telford - Euro glory in 15 years or bust!

I have just started as Dorcester manager. 0k transfer budget and 3.4k wag budget. Having assessed the squad strength i realised it was pretty poor so i decided to raid the island of Reunion and pick up a few gems ;)

Yankov is good as is Misse Misse. Both good oldies. Michael Nardiello is another gem I've found. You can get him on a free and in my game at least he's stomping all over every team. Also he has stamina of 18 or 19 so you can play him everygame, even when they are only a few days apart. When my games are a week apart I let him play for reserves as well.

This is a game with Bath City in BSS.

Last edited:
How do you all sign Pierre Alexandre Pluchino Galuppo? I keep getting the work permits turned down, even upon appeal... and I have to pay 9k for him aswell! Any tips? Playing as AFC Telford aswell :)

why dont u try and save teams from relegation...okay so it annoyin as results go against im just about 2 start with bromley a team that usually struggles in the bss.
If any1 is lookin 4 a challenge try bognor regis,vauxhall motors eastbourne boro and alfreton i think r the hardest challenges ive had personally.

I've taken up the Telford challenge. I've made a few good signings. Went with the usual LLM signings of Yankov and Barnard. But I found a couple of real gems as well. I signed Moses Ashikodi, Stephen Migliore, Timothee Champlain and Rafal Kwapisz. Champlain and Kwapisz are immense. Also, I got Birmingham as a parent club which I was chuffed about at first but then I couldn't get anymroe long term loan deals so I took Robin Shroot on a three month loan and I think I'll just keep extending it throughout the season.
First three games, 2 wins and a draw.
Got a cracking assistant manager in Stephen Constantine. It's a right pain thought that the board will only allow one coach. :S

Might start one with Telford also see if i can get any success. Might get some of the players everyone is saying are good.:D

---------- Post added at 09:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:09 AM ----------

Would normal TT training work for telford and maye put the amount of training down?

I use TT for my Bath squad, and I only found out I needed to reduce the workload when I started getting too many games close together.

For Telford who shall i give a full-time contracts to?

---------- Post added at 01:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:15 PM ----------

I cant do TT trainin until they have FT contracts

---------- Post added at 04:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:55 PM ----------

3 friendlies lost 2 of them and drew 1 and they aren't even good teams they have been in league 2 and BSP.

Last edited:
You can create pt training with roughly the same proportions as TT which is what I did. You want to give full-time contracts to as many of your new signings as possible as it means they train longer. I've got people on £30 a week and full time so seems more dependent on what the individual will accept. Also try and get people on one year contracts at the start, as you'll want to replace quite a few of them after a year and you get promoted.

i know alot of the Telford players as i live in Shrewsbury and quite a few went to schools in my area and yeh.... just thought id mention it lol

Also, I got Birmingham as a parent club which I was chuffed about at first but then I couldn't get anymroe long term loan deals so I took Robin Shroot on a three month loan and I think I'll just keep extending it throughout the season.

is that possible? i thought a player could go to a single club on short term for a maximum of 3 months and you cant go over that maximum, correct me if im wrong :D

just wondering

---------- Post added at 10:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:07 PM ----------

woops that didnt go right lol

I recommend loading all players from France and Reunion (a small french speaking island). Then go for a striker called ***** Robert, he's willing to go to any team in BSN or BSS.

I´m playing with Hayes & Yeading. I followed your advice and i loaded all players from Reunion.
But i didn´t buy just ***** Roberts, i also bought another 13 players from reunion :D- all cost zero

Also recommend:
Ross Mackenzie (scotland) - Seems to be a very good midfielder
Jake Inglis (Canada) - D/M L

Bad boy using reunion is effectively cheating :p .

:D No it´s not, i will actually go today to Hayes to speak with their manager and advise him to book a flight asap to Reunion (where ever it is...)

Really: it´s not cheating, but makes your life much easier, i must admit. But next season (BSP) i will need to buy other players because with the Reunion players might not be enough for promotion.

Just an update on the scotish guy - MacKenzie: his really good and his now on my starting eleven all the times (even when i ask my Assist Man to pick the team) - He used to play in America second division

My first post on this site :)

Being Australian, my first foray into the FM world has been with the Central Coast Mariners from the A-League. I know its not the same a the lower league Euro sides, but still, I couldn't stand the thought of starting with a Premiership side. BORING!

Anywho, 2 games into the regular season (after a pretty poor pre season might I add, thanks to my inexperience and injuries to my key players), i'm 2 from 2. 4-1 against the Newcastle Jets, which was a big confidence boost, considering they are a rival side, and 2-0 over Queensland.

Anyways, although the A-League teams do have considerably more money than lower level euro sides, we have other problems. ie no one wants to play football in Australia, cos its so far away, and anyone who does won't get anywhere near as much money as in europe because we have a strict salary cap to adhere too. It's good trying to find the balance though.

Good luck with Telford mate, lookin forward to seeing how you go :)

Last edited:
Long time no see guys... sorry for failing to update on this one, but I've had a lot on my hands recently (not that I'm complaining though!) :) Anyway, seeing as I haven't had that much time to play FM recently, I thought I'd just pop in and fill you in on how things are going for me & AFC Telford so far...

Mr. Mike de Stampers has so far had two extremely succesful seasons in charge of AFC Telford United, winning both the BSN and the BSP, as well as the FA Trophy and the Conference League Cup (two of each). Two years have been more than enough to prepare the club for its professional status. now's the time to prove that Telford is worthy of it. During that period, the gaffer has however also managed to become quite a controversial figure after hiring and then sacking umpteen staff members before he was finally happy with his backroom setup. Poor de Stampers is also finding it hard to control his team which has become quite large by now, mainly because there are ~25 players in the Reserves, almost all of whom are transfer listed - and none too happy about that, or about their lack of first team football. One of the ways to deal with those was to bring in England coach and Capello assistant Mr Massimo Neri, who was appointed as Assistant Manager immediately after Telford secured promotion to L2.

Of course, being a "couldn't-care-less-about-you-and-your-moaning" kind of manager, Mr. de Stampers is quite keen on bringing in new faces at Telford this summer while sending more of the moaners to his old assistant manager's butcher shop... But at least his staff will remain unchanged.

More detailed info & screenshots to follow.

Best players so far:
Josh Lambo (GK)
Georgi Terziev (DRC)
Simon Spender (DR)
Oriol Romeu (DMC)
Josh Craddock (MC)
Pierre Alexandre Pluchino Galuppo (ST)
Miroslav Skoda (ST)
& a bunch of randomly generated quite promising 16/17 year olds, some of whom are already established first team players.