AFC Wimbledon are in the Football League !

• Thread starter Thread starter Calum
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 30
  • Views Views 2K

Calum

Reaction score
200px-AFC_Wimbledon.svg.png
Football_League_Two.png

AFC Wimbledon won promotion to the Football League for the first time in their history with a dramatic penalty shoot-out win over Luton at Eastlands.
After a goalless 120 minutes, top scorer Danny Kedwell netted the winning kick after Dons keeper Seb Brown saved from Alex Lawless and Jason Walker.

Kedwell had an early strike chalked out for offside in a frenetic game.
Walker saw a header hit the post late in normal time, while Dons' Kaid Mohamed also struck the woodwork.

BBC Sport - AFC Wimbledon 0-0 Luton Town (4-3 on pens)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Really happy as i wanted them to go up AFCW are back !

Congrates to AFC Wimbledon, football league after only 9 years of being a club is impressive stuff.

Congrates to AFC Wimbledon, football league after only 9 years of being a club is impressive stuff.

A match v MKD will be tasty next season if they play each other in the carling/fa cup lol

Nothing against Wimbledon, but I really wanted Luton to go up- Argyle have had some really good matches against them in the past, and there's nothing like catching up with an old foe.

Well done to Wimbledon anyway, hope you play MK Dons soon :wub:

Shows what fan power can do. Phenomenal achievement getting to the football league in 9 years.

Well done to AFC Wimbledon, great achievement for the club after starting out on Wimbledon Common. AFC Wimbledon do not want to play MK Dons, they hate them and do not wish to acknowledge them as a football club before some of you rookies start posting on here. :P

Congrats to them, dont know much about the new club, only the old one, but 9 years existance and in the football league already, is good!

wonder how they will fare in a better standard of league though?

Congrats to them. By the sounds of it, have a great future. Great board, excellent manager......sounds like a building block to bigger and better things. Good luck to them

To think, that the FA didnt want them created, because they "weren't in the interests of football"

What the **** do they know?

Congratulations to them! and Congratulations to Kaid Mohammed came from Bath City and is now where he belongs the Football League!

To think, that the FA didnt want them created, because they "weren't in the interests of football"

What the **** do they know?

Unlike every other true football fan.....sweet sod all

A beaming AFC Wimbledon manager Terry Brown has thanked the club's fans after their 4-3 penalty win over Luton in the Blue Square Bet Premier play-off final saw them promoted to the Football League.

Brown said after the match: "It's a phenomenal achievement to do it in nine years.
"A club could possibly do it quicker with finance - but we have had no finance, just fan power."
Brown admitted his relief at securing promotion after the match ended 0-0 at the end of extra time.
He added: "I just feel relieved, but at the same time tinged with sorrow for Gary [Brabin, Luton boss] because nobody deserved to lose like that, it stinks."
But Brown felt that luck was on his side after Luton failed to take their chances.

"It was a game between two good sides who gave their all, but there had to be a winner and I am the lucky manager," he added.
"When, in the 89th minute, their lad (Jason Walker) got up, headed against the inside of the post and it came out, I thought it was going to be my day.
"We had the luck, but we had to work hard for that luck."

The winning manager also revealed that he will keep his squad intact for next season.
"The nucleus of my squad is there for next season, and you can't buy the experience they have had in an atmosphere like that," he said.
"Hopefully we can do pretty well next season and hold our own, as other teams who have gone up before us have done."

BlueSq Premier Latest news on the new Blue Square Premier, North and South season | Brown beams as Brabin is devastated

BIG congratz to wimbledon!! its been a long time coming, lets hope they can bring with them the true spirit of the crazy gang back to the football league!

BIG congratz to wimbledon!! its been a long time coming, lets hope they can bring with them the true spirit of the crazy gang back to the football league!

I hope not - they were ****** awful to watch! :D

Really pleased for them and their supporters. Commiserations to Luton - hopefully we'll see a return to the league for them soon as that would right another set of terrible decisions by the FA and League.

Back