AFC Wimbledon are in the Football League !

• Thread starter Thread starter Calum
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 30
  • Views Views 2K
So happy at this - no true football fan can not feel happy for this team, just imagine what it's like, i mean, we've been through **** but nothing like these guys, I hope they'll be able to take over the ****** franchise soon + get back tot where they belong!

When Kedwell scored I went crazy - he's a top bloke.

**** the FA!

AFC Wimbledon in FIFA 12! XD
I actually love this because Wimbledon's only about 15 mins away from where I live - might go to a few games! :)

Shows what fan power can do. Phenomenal achievement getting to the football league in 9 years.

Indeed, it's a phenomenal achievement. Think of the team's that have been lingering down those divisions for years, was it Hereford or Accrington who spent a good 44 years or something outside the football league?

To think, that the FA didnt want them created, because they "weren't in the interests of football"

What the **** do they know?

Agreed. Rejecting entry to the Ryman League was proof of that, they had to start at the very bottom and look at them now, amazing.

I hope not - they were ****** awful to watch! :D

Really pleased for them and their supporters. Commiserations to Luton - hopefully we'll see a return to the league for them soon as that would right another set of terrible decisions by the FA and League.

Bitter? ;) Yeah it's sad that a club of Luton's stature have to spend another year in the Conference but I wanted Wimbledon to win today and I am thrilled.

I think this is not just a win for Wimbledon but to true football fans everywhere. How would we all feel if our club's were taken from us, name stripped and moved to another part of the country? I doubt we would stand for it either.

It's amazing that they have come from the gutter with very little money or backing & nine years later they are in League 2. I have followed there progress steadily these past 9 years and it's amazing to see what they have achieved. The only thing that would make this better is if they signed Adam La Fondre :wub:

Back in the day when I was just a kid I had a manager game called PC Fútbol 7, made by a Spanish company called Dynamic. It had the French, Spanish, German and English leagues. The team I loved the most was Wimbledon. The game was from the 96-97 season but I played it well into the 2000's, knowing **** all about Wimbledon - To be honest, all I knew about Wimbledon was tennis. When I grew some brains and started using the internet, and learned of all the **** those guys had been through, I liked them even more. So I'm massively happy for them, it's an outstanding achievement, and I hope they **** the MK guys in the future.

And a random fact - According to wiki, it took 9 years for Wimbledon to get to the First Division since being elected to the Football League in 1977, and now it took them 9 years to get into the League.

Thier Honours

• Football Conference
    • Conference National
      • Runners-up (1): 2010–11
    • Conference South
      • Champions (1): 2008–09
  • Isthmian League
    • Premier Division
      • Playoff winners (1): 2007–08
    • Division One
      • Champions (1): 2004–05
  • Combined Counties League
    • Champions (1): 2003–04
  • Combined Counties League Premier Challenge Cup
    • Winners (1): 2003–04
  • Surrey Senior Cup
    • Winners (1): 2004–05
    • Runners-up (1): 2005–06
  • Supporters Direct Cup
    • Winners (3): 2002–03,[18] 2005–06[19] 2009–10
    • Runners-up (2): 2004–05,[20] 2006–07[21]
  • Phil Ledger Memorial Cup
    • Winners (1): 2010–11[22]

This is the best day. The world didn't end, but conference football did for the Dons! Hard luck to Luton, I'm sure you guys will join us after next season.

Premiership in 2014? ;) Wonder what odds that'd get...

I'm a season ticket holder with AFC Wimbledon and will renew it for next year. Went to Eastlands to watch the playoff final v Luton and it was an absolute nail biter! Cant wait to play as AFC Wimbledon on FIFA 12 and maybe we will draw MK Dons in the League Cup and absolutely thrash them!

Congrats to them and fully deserved. Would be good for them to overtake MK Dons now wouldnt it.

I heard that if they drew MK Dons in a cup, they wouldn't go as they don't even see them as a club. Could be wrong though. Well done, and I've seen them play 4 times over the years, great support, and I wish them all the best!

Will try watch some AFC Wimbledon games next season. Not far from where I live!

Back