Goldsbury27

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have started a season with AFC Wimbledon, had a great start thrashing teams. I am now starting to stutter a little. had a few injurys to key players. They have some great young players in their squad.

Anyone tell me from experiance how good some of the young players get?

I am also after a striker incase Jordon Bowery from chesterfield doesnt want to extend his loan after 6 months, he had a great start scoring 9 goals in the first 4 games. even though 7 came in 2 games lol.So I am on the lookout for a pacey striker to partner kedwell. Is Phil Younghusband that sort of player and can he step it up in league 2 if we get promotion?

Cheer JG

If you have the money try and get Jamie Lawrie from AFC Telford i got them to league one before my game crashed and he was still scoring goals then if not try fabien brandy or tim hopkinson

I played Wimbledon and targeted the last playoff spot as my goal but ended up with the automatic promotion. I was offered Phil Younghusband but I wanted some more experience so I picked up Declan O'Brien, free, and he scored a lot, 43 goals in 45 appearances.

I also started hot and then started to slump come December and January, mainly due to injuries. While slumping in the league I had a decent cup run. Kept trying to get some players on loans from higher league reserves but they wouldn't agree to play until I won a 3rd round cup game and then they were suddenly OK with it. Didn't even have to pay anything. They made all the difference and kept everything from going bad. You are much later in the season than that though.

Looking at the scores I tied and lost to both Luton and Crawley, so without beating them I got some help from them slumping themselves at the end. Neither got promoted in my game, Wrexham won the playoff. Make the playoffs and you just need to make it a couple games and anything can happen in a game or two.

I'm AFC Wimbledon at the moment and am currently top of League One in my 3rd season. Take a look at my story if you want, that may help with some players.

Thanks