AFF Suzuki Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nolan92

Reaction score
Who watched the Aisan Football Federation's Suzuki cup??

The South East Asian equivilant of the Euro Cup.

From wiki
Six teams qualified automatically for the finals, regarding from tournament records:
  • 22px-Flag_of_Vietnam.svg.png
    Vietnam
  • 22px-Flag_of_Thailand.svg.png
    Thailand
  • 22px-Flag_of_Indonesia.svg.png
    Indonesia
  • 22px-Flag_of_Singapore.svg.png
    Singapore
  • 22px-Flag_of_Malaysia.svg.png
    Malaysia
  • 22px-Flag_of_Myanmar.svg.png
    Myanmar

Sadly my home country San Lahi (Philippines) Dosen't compete in the tournament, Because almost no one play's football there.

Last edited:
Yes I know.

but are you going to watch it??

I find it very enjoyable actually.

I might watch it on streams, but I live in England, so I doubt it would be on Sky XD

Fair while to go yet then. Bryan Robson is Thailand manager, I believe?

not only Bryan but also Steven Reid as a Assistant...
important enemy of Thailand is Viet Nam, holder of AFF cup...
Vietnam haven't good players as Thailand but they have a goodteam with team work and mental...

I went to the final 1st leg in 2008 in Bangkok -- it was ace, if a little hot :) It's a pretty good comp.

Oh ho!
Finaled Vietnam won 2-1 over Thailand
2nd leg result is 1-1 with extra time goal of Cong Vinh Le , hero of VietNam
he bring the first champion for Viet Nam

Oh ho!
Finaled Vietnam won 2-1 over Thailand
2nd leg result is 1-1 with extra time goal of Cong Vinh Le , hero of VietNam
he bring the first champion for Viet Nam

Yeah, watched the second leg too. Peter Reid must have lost a stone in sweat wearing a suit in that heat. To be honest, I wasn't expecting the level of football to be so good -- Vietnam looked really good in those two games.

Thailand played ok, but mainly used longer balls and diagonal crosses from deep -- but that's Reid I suppose.

I think Thailand is always higher level over rest of that area but Viet Nam win cause they have good spirit and strong support of audiences in My Dinh Stadium...So exited if u see Viet Namese when Cong Vinh score at laste minutes

Sadly my home country San Lahi (Philippines) Dosen't compete in the tournament, Because almost no one play's football there.
Being half pinoy, I had a lookaround on Fm2010 for all the playes that were eligible to play for the Phillipines. HOLY **** If you include the kids that declared or other countries they'd have a pretty decent squad.

Sadly aven't been there since I was kid - I take it Basketball is still king there.

Do China or Japan not compete? Or Korea? What about Australia :)

Being half pinoy, I had a lookaround on Fm2010 for all the playes that were eligible to play for the Phillipines. HOLY **** If you include the kids that declared or other countries they'd have a pretty decent squad.

Sadly aven't been there since I was kid - I take it Basketball is still king there.

Julien De guzman and Jonathan De Guzman, If they played for the Philippine's Then wow.

I swear they should try and get Jonothan De Guzman to play for the Philippines, Though he is most likely to play for Canada.

Singapore FTW!! (H)

Just wondering will they be using U-23 players?

Julien De guzman and Jonathan De Guzman, If they played for the Philippine's Then wow.

I swear they should try and get Jonothan De Guzman to play for the Philippines, Though he is most likely to play for Canada.
Alphonse areola, David Alaba, dennis cagara, jerry Lucena, the de guzman brothers. That'd be a great midfield and borderline WC qualifying potential

Singapore FTW!! (H)

Just wondering will they be using U-23 players?

No! It's for national team!

Alphonse areola, David Alaba, dennis cagara, jerry Lucena, the de guzman !
what's a terrible team!

Status
Not open for further replies.