Africa Regens

Montanaro

Reaction score
Will 2010 have better African regens? I know the regens are based on world rankings and domestic club youth teams, but in my fm09 game, through 6 years, there have been only 3 decent to good regens for the Ivory Coast (I'm the coach). Ghana, Senegal, Nigeria, and the rest all have similiar problems.

Will this be adjusted in some way for 2010? I can't imagine there only being maybe 10-12 total African regens playing throughout Europe a few years into the game.

well i was like 7-8 (on FM09) years in and i believe nigeria were top 10 so they must of had some good players come through as i assume some of their current players would of retired

Cameroon only has 1 good regen and another 1 decent regen.

My club had a good Nigerian Regen, but I keep searching for more even going to the domestic clubs and looking at transfer history, and they are extremely hard to find.

To be fair with all the regens I have in my Arsenal squad none of them are African.

Currently in the EPL and French Ligue 1, there are tons of quality Africans, many of whom play for their National Teams.

In FM, by the time regens come around, this is not the case. Africa produces a lot of top football talent in real life, and this just is not represented at all in the game.

I have just signed a great prospect for Napoli

I never said there wern't good regens, I signed a good one from Nigeria once. But there are only a handful of quality african regens in the game, nowhere near reality. Most African regens I see are valued under 10K

Maybe it is because they haven't quite developed yet?

I have 12 scouts all of whom are at least 18 in both scouting stats, all the africans I find are one or two star (out of 7 for FM09). Like I said, a single African country may produce a 1st/2nd league type of player about every other year. There should be more than that.

---------- Post added at 03:42 PM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 08:13 PM ----------

I just did a search of Africans under 21 (year 2014)

I found a total of 5, 6-7 star players who were born in Africa without EU nationality.

I also found 7, 6-7 star players who were born in Europe with African Nationality.

Most of the best African players in my game are born in Europe, only two African born players are 7 star.

yeah the good african regens are few and far between. by comparison i fired up fm 08 yesterday (don't ask) and i was looking at my werder bremen team and i had like 7-8 really promising african regens and i had just sold another to chelsea for like 20mil.

I did a quick search of the under 21 south americans w/o EU nationality, and I found 25, 6 and 7 stars (more 7 than 6). I didn't even have to get my 12 scouts to collect reports.

yeah i found alot of german clubs make good africans when i was doing my frankfurt game i had 2-3 decent african regens (prob would never of been good enough for me)