Again, a Neil Maupay Thread, but this time, a Dilemma.

Status
Not open for further replies.

emman23

Reaction score
Neil Maupay was great for me since the start of the game. He was a 5 star, last season(my 4th season, his PA down to 4.5 star, but still CA was 2 star.), he was 2nd to falcao in league scoring. Won Youth player of the month awards, and even player of the month once. He was great, i was hoping he will be better this season.

He was beast in the start of the season, scoring 7 out of 8 games. Then i play my regen Poacher "Jimmy McMahon" against a Home match against Derby, easy game so i opted to use him, his 1st ever league game, he scored a hat trick!. The next game was a capital one game, also an easy game , so i use Jimmy again. He scored twice, almost has a hat trick, just cleared off the line, twice!..All in 1st half, i substituted maupay for him as Jimmy was Knock by someone, making his stamina down to 60ish...

Maupay then, started to miss CCC, one on ones. He was just awful, though he provided an assist.. Then i check the stats of Maupay, still great, He was still at 2 star CA, and his PA down to 3.5. I was shocked, i trained him really well, but i noticed his stats isnt rising up anymore. Then after 2 games, he was injured, kept him out for 2 weeks. After the injury his PA was down to 3. All my coaches report was that.

In those absents, jimmy was my 1st choice poacher (i play 2 upfront, a DLF).. Jimmy, scored a hattrick again in a game, then recently, in my Champion League Home Game against PSG( PSG is monster in my save)..Maupay was match fit, maupay start the game, but failed again at putting those chances away, caught offside 4 times in 1st half.. Then i substituted jimmy for maupay, the score was 1-1, jimmy scored the winner and then score another one to win 3-1.. He was just awesome.

Now im torn about, Maupay, should i sell him? I really dont want to rotate my poacher, should i loan him? and if i sell him, should i have a buy back?... McMahon is really doing great, a 3 star CA, with 5 star PA. I have another poacher regen that i would use as a back up (2.5 CA star, 4.5 PA star).

This is maupay

View attachment 360734View attachment 360735View attachment 360732View attachment 360733

Maupay's PPM:

Channels
places shot
One-Twos ( im playing slow possesion game)
Offside
Tries 1st time shot
Lob Keeper(Though he rarely lobs really)

This is McMahon

View attachment 360738View attachment 360739View attachment 360736View attachment 360737

McMahon's PPM:

Shoot With Power
Offside
Round Keeper
One-Twos ( Training Him)

Attributes COMPARISON

View attachment 360740

Maupay is better mentaly, but jimmy more technical(except for flair, do poacher need flair?)

I need opinions, i love Maupay, but i think he cant give me the boost i needed anymore, is there a "Mileage" system in this game, was maupay being drained out as being a 1st choice for the 1st 4 seasons of his young career?.. Mcmahon still has 2 stars to fill, while Maupay has one.

Also, is Tries 1st time shot and Move into channels PPM is good for a poacher? or a slow possesion game?

Thanks, Cheers Mate. Going to wash laundry while waiting for opinions.

PS: last season i was 2nd place, now im 4th 11 games in( all other team has 12 games, if i won the next game, i'll be 1st again).. i planned to compete for Champion league position again this year, even take the title, champions league now is not reachable now i think. Got Whooped by PSG and Roma.

Last edited:
Hmmm tough one, personally i'd say that Neal's PA has reduced due to the emergence of Jimmy as, correct me if I'm wrong your players PA is compared to others in your team. It's a tough one really as I have Neal in My Man United save, second season he is keeping Falcao out of the team and learning from the big Columbian. I would find it difficult down the line to sell him as I fell like I've developed him to a great level. I personally would see the season out with Neal as my main man and Jimmy coming off the bench or playing the less significant games... Give Maupay the chance this season, 8 goals in 11 games isn't exactly poor. Plus you never know whether this Jimmy guy is a flash in the pan... stick by the Frenchman and if by the end of the season Mcmahon is still outshining him then I'd sell Maupay.

Status
Not open for further replies.