Welcome!

FM Base has been serving the Football Manager community for nearly two decades and we're keen to ensure that we are here for two decades more.

Become a part of our community today, and you'll quickly realise that the Football Manager community is the best community.

Register
Reaction score
So I'm in contract talks with Allione and everything is ok, the only problem is the 300k agent, which by itself isn't that much. The problem is that the board has set a restriction at 215k and he won't come down on the fee. I have 9mil in bank and I have no clue what I need to change to increase the restriction. Please help, the kid is really great.

Reaction score
Go to the budget adjustment and move the slide towards transfer budget a bit, then go back to contract negotiations to see how much more you can get and keep doing that till you reach the desired amount.

But there is an easier alternative:

As you re buying Allione to develop and use for the most part of your save you wont be selling him any time soon. So offer 200k to the agent plus 5/10 sell on fee profit percentage and he will accept.

Reaction score
You could change the squad status one level up for example if he is currently signing as a youngster, change it to hot prospect or if he is back up change it to Rotation etc etc. That usually works for me.

Reaction score
So offer 200k to the agent plus 5/10 sell on fee profit percentage and he will accept.
The percentage of profit/future sale clause is to the player, not the agent. Since some agents refuse to accept anything less than a big personell fee, this might not always work. (Plus there are better clauses to offer, like automatic contract increase after X games in final year!)

Reaction score
The percentage of profit/future sale clause is to the player, not the agent. Since some agents refuse to accept anything less than a big personell fee, this might not always work. (Plus there are better clauses to offer, like automatic contract increase after X games in final year!)
ALWAYS works for me mate.

Reaction score
ALWAYS works for me mate.
Because some agents aren't as bothered about having as high a fee as other agents (They have attributes), so giving a percentage of the sale is similar to offerering a higher wage, or appearance fee :)