matthewauck93

Reaction score
Agents fee's absolutely infuriate me. Twice this evening contract talks have been ended because the agent wanted more money than I could give him. All of the terms were higher than what the player wanted but the agent wanted £4m and the most I could give was £2.1m. The agent ended the contract discussions due to his client not being happy.. is there a way around this?!

Agents fee's absolutely infuriate me. Twice this evening contract talks have been ended because the agent wanted more money than I could give him. All of the terms were higher than what the player wanted but the agent wanted £4m and the most I could give was £2.1m. The agent ended the contract discussions due to his client not being happy.. is there a way around this?!
Nothing much you can do, you can try put it his agent fees on 2.1 mill non-negotiable but it will mean you might have to offer a higher signing on fee or wages. Or perhaps offer a high bonus such as a payment if you win said competition or a bonus if he scores this amount of goals. Its all about negotiating.

Are you renewing a contract or trying to sign a new player? If it's a new contract can you by any chance advise the player to sack his agent?