Sogarth

Reaction score
In my fourth season at Ajax, things going pretty well. Despite steadily climbing in the rankings and getting further and further in the Champions League 2 players have come forward this season saying they want to leave. Understandable I suppose, I mange to talk them both into staying, citing that I am looking to raise the stature of the club or whatever. I figure in the mean time, in case I don't manage to win the CL, I should offer them new improved 5 year deals.

Toby Alderweireld, my first choice CB's agent is open for it, but wants him to have a 4.2 million euro release clause!!! Unacceptable, so I offer a significant salary raise above even what his agent was asking for him in exchange to drop the clause. He dismisses it of course, however, in the next round of negotiations, he keeps the salary increase and asks again for 4.2m release?!?! Negotiations are about give and take man! Luckily, the agent and I are on good terms so we go back and forth about 10 times, myself not making any headway, even after offering to give him a raise from 1m to 2.2m (which is 1 whole million more than the agent was after in the first place!). So finally I figure I try something;

I lower the salary back down to 1.2m, remove the clause, and raise the agent's fee from 400k, to 1.2m... and guess what. He takes it on behalf of his client. Purely, CRIMINAL!

That's the way things work unfortunately. The first thing to do when the player/agent doesn't accept your terms is to offer the agent more money not raise the wages or bonuses of the player.

I know the feeling, I bought an unproven wonderkid, and the agent insisted on £200,000 per week, a clause which states he will always be earning the same as the highest earner in the club, and he wanted £6m, and he wan un-negotiable, couldnt lower any of the figures :(

they are gits the agents, you can lower everything and just up thier fee and they love it!

When you play with Ajax, i suggest you let them go for good prices. When they grow older and better they want to move for a bigger club (And league). The league is not very competive. So i suggest you let them go.

thats how it works with certain agents I suppose, its all to do with their attributes and sometimes I really ant to say bad **** about em in the press or tellmy player to sack him, pity their is no such option

If players choose to be represented by someone else you can hardly blame the agent for getting the best deal for himself. I always give the agent a little extra and take it off the player, works wonders (A)

such a bad luck if you want to buy a player, but the agent's Agent Fee Demand more than 15, and his Patience less than 5

I'm just thinking that sometimes being too realistic sucks...

agents definitely bring a whole new dimension to the game, good and bad

Lets face it - IRL there are plenty of agents who are not only criminals, but have actually been convicted!

Agents fees are ridiculously high, I don't pay anything when I manager Lower League, just wastes money :S

agents are money grabbin whores

who agrees with me

As an Ajax fan, i have two words: Mino Raiola

When you play with Ajax, i suggest you let them go for good prices. When they grow older and better they want to move for a bigger club (And league). The league is not very competive. So i suggest you let them go.

I don't really see the point. I mean, i haven't played fm 2011 all that long, but since I've taken over, Ajax has moved into the top 15 of the coefficients list, the Dutch Eredivisie is currently 7th (less than half a point behind portugal, and the last 2 years steadily gaining on France in 5th) in national coefficients list. The reputation of the Dutch league is therefore increasing, and therefore becoming more attractive for international players. In my fm 2010 game, I played Ajax for about 12 seasons, was top of every list, but due to the other failing teams, Holland never got above 5th place in the coefficients, none-the-less, none of my star players ever complained about leaving then, and I'm sure if I can get close to or match those achievements things will be the same here.

Last edited:
Agents are almost as bad as Lawyers in the rankings of evil.

yep you crack it. if ur in a battle to sign a player, just bump up the agent fee and they will sign for you 99 times out of 100

As an Ajax fan, i have two words: Mino Raiola

I don't really see the point. I mean, i haven't played fm 2011 all that long, but since I've taken over, Ajax has moved into the top 15 of the coefficients list, the Dutch Eredivisie is currently 7th (less than half a point behind portugal, and the last 2 years steadily gaining on France in 5th) in national coefficients list. The reputation of the Dutch league is therefore increasing, and therefore becoming more attractive for international players. In my fm 2010 game, I played Ajax for about 12 seasons, was top of every list, but due to the other failing teams, Holland never got above 5th place in the coefficients, none-the-less, none of my star players ever complained about leaving then, and I'm sure if I can get close to or match those achievements things will be the same here.

That doesn't mean anything i'm afraid. I brought Feyenoord to the nr1 richest and best performing teams winning almost each CL, still they wanted to move to a 'bigger' club (even thought it was a small club). They just want to be able to leave. At least, some players/agents

Its not so unrealistic actually I visited the "Estate" of most of Welsh rugby teams players agent, a farm mansion near Llantrisant and it was massive, right on the bottom of the mountains with several separate converted barns. The place was lovely, though the drive through the lanes to get there was awful, the value of the property would of been several million simply off the fields around it. Bearing in mind this guy manages rugby players who earn a few thousand a week, what must the earnings be of a footballers agent who earns tens or hundreds of thousands a week :O.

That doesn't mean anything i'm afraid. I brought Feyenoord to the nr1 richest and best performing teams winning almost each CL, still they wanted to move to a 'bigger' club (even thought it was a small club). They just want to be able to leave. At least, some players/agents

This happened to you in FM 2010 or FM 2011?

Its not so unrealistic actually I visited the "Estate" of most of Welsh rugby teams players agent, a farm mansion near Llantrisant and it was massive, right on the bottom of the mountains with several separate converted barns. The place was lovely, though the drive through the lanes to get there was awful, the value of the property would of been several million simply off the fields around it. Bearing in mind this guy manages rugby players who earn a few thousand a week, what must the earnings be of a footballers agent who earns tens or hundreds of thousands a week :O.

True, glad this will end in 2011 or so?? Blatter finally made a right vote (in all those years @ FIFA) on ending the agent system. From then the player will need to pay the agent himself. Since most players are greedy themselves they would take agents who ask less than most of those (semi)criminals.

Edit --> More: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/9049037.stm

TOP 10 COUNTRIES WITH MOST FIFA AGENTS
Italy: 725
Spain: 585
England: 428
Brazil: 328
Germany: 320
France: 277
Argentina: 190
Bosnia: 122
Nigeria: 119
Netherlands: 112

lol @ Nigeria in that list. I guess the people who replied to prince not being able to get to their bankaccount doesn't work anymore for quick cash

---------- Post added at 07:43 PM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 12:31 AM ----------

This happened to you in FM 2010 or FM 2011?

That was in FM 2011.

Last edited: