HansJoachim

Reaction score
A lot of agents from South America insist that the player that they are representing and I want to buy, should only have a one year contract. I then have to offer the player a much higher salary to get him to sign a multi-year contract. Is that also the case in real life?

I'm not sure about real life, but I suggest trying to add a contract extension clause if you want to have them for longer. Also you can always renew their contract, but if you do get them on a one year, try to offer a new one earlier rather than later incase you can't afford what he wants or he doesn't want to renew.

I suggest trying to add a contract extension clause if you want to have them for longer.

I've tried that. The contract extension clause seems to have the same effect as a longer contract: The agent demands a much higher salary for the player he is representing.

Well if you can afford it, pay the higher wages, if not, look elsewhere. There is always good cheap talent, hidden in the depths of some teams.

there are many south american agents with low patience & willingness & high fee it's ridiculous, you have to do a deal with them that benefits them if you have the money if you don't then look elsewhere, agents are right ******

Offer the agent a higher fee first, its a one off kick in the balls rather than 'x amount' more per week, every week, for 5 years.