glenn1986

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Just wondering how other people are getting on with agents? I am into my fifth season with Derby County. During the first two season I upset a number of my players agents such as Sean Morrison's agent by negotiating hard on contracts. This has made it very difficult in negotiating there contracts. Is there anyway to improve these fraught relationships other than giving them what they want in straight away in contract negotiations.

I love em. If they aren't difficult GREAT, if they are difficult GREAT.

When they are difficult, give them a higher bonus, and cut the players wages! Works a treat.

I love em. If they aren't difficult GREAT, if they are difficult GREAT.

When they are difficult, give them a higher bonus, and cut the players wages! Works a treat.

^^ this. However it works less when the want a bigger fee and it's near your max. What I always do and it seems to work is to stay stuborn. Don't pay more than you want to. I signed Dede (DC, Sevilla) with Tottenham and he wanted 125.000 (euro's), a 15 mln release clause and matching highest earner. On top of that he wanted 12K per appearance. Contract negotiations broke down as I would go above 70K with no high earner and 6K appearance. After the talks broke down I bid for him again and this time the agent excepted in the end (69K + 7K appearance fee, 30mln release clause). Didn't use the agent fee trick as his fee was close to maximum. So all I can say is stay stuborn! O and I never have been able to loose a minimum release fee if they want it, but you can set it to higher amounts.

It's called football. Negotiations are difficult like in real life. I love it.
I've missed out on players before because agents have been too greedy, annoying, but adds to the realism of the game.

I get on with a few of them and only sincerely HATE one of them because he's a ****. XD