Aguero eyes Reds move

Sean

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Highly-rated Argentinian teenager Sergio Aguero says that he would rather join European champions Liverpool than German giants Bayern Munich.

Bayern had been looking to make a move for the promising 17-year-old attacker, and were willing to pay around £10 million for his services.

Chairman Karl-Heinz Rummenigge hinted a bid would be forthcoming sooner rather than later in the hope of getting their foot in the door ahead of Real Madrid and Barcelona.

However, the Independiente youngster says that he would rather join Rafa Benitez's Liverpool - the club he says he supported as a boy.

"If I had to choose a league then it would be the Premier League," Aguero is quoted as saying in the Munich TZ newspaper.

"I have been a Liverpool fan for as long as I can remember and it would be a dream to play there.

"I watched the Champions League final and celebrated every goal as if it was for Independiente."

Benitez has already dipped into the Argentine market to sign young defender Gabriel Paletta from Banfield for next season, and he could make a move for compatriot Aguero.

The 17-year-old, who plays in midfield or up front, is being tipped as the next big thing from South America, and has been backed to make as big an impact as Lionel Messi in Europe.

Benitez is always on the look-out for fresh new talent to bring to Anfield and Aguero's comments will make him confident of beating off a host of top European sides if he decides to make a move.
----------
Source: Sky Sports
----------

Aguero is a brilliant player. I have seen him play a few times and he is brilliant, especially when he is still only 17. Would be good to see him in the EPL but hopefully Man Utd rather than Liverpool.

If he's good then he's more than welcome to come and play for the best team in Europe (Based on the European Super Cup) and 2nd best team in the World (Based on the World Club Championships). I'm sure Rafa and his South American scouts would make a good decision and decide if the player was good enough to put on the red jersey.

/me uses Redders logic

That must mean Burnley are the best team in Europe, they beat liverpool in their CL season.

Ergo, We have the best LB in the worls in Mo Cam

/me Laughs at the Redders Logic

That must mean Hearts are better than Boro because we beat Basle in Basle while boro lost and boro beat Chelsea so were better than chelsea :D

Okay Okay we get the point.

Anyway, Aguero kicks ***! Wonder if we will see him at the WC.

Lot likely due to his age, I have seen him on tv twice i think now seems good but could he cut it in the epl.

yeah ive just seen a video of him on googlevideo, looks mint but may be a bit lightweight for prem

Kris said:
/me Laughs at the Redders Logic

That must mean Hearts are better than Boro because we beat Basle in Basle while boro lost and boro beat Chelsea so were better than chelsea :D

I remember reading something like this when Caley beat Celtic when we were in the 1st division. It said we were the best in europe because we beat celtic and celtic beat liverpool etc.