mwhitehorn07

Reaction score
Took over in december with Southampton sitting in 16th. Board aim was top half. Had a 17.5 million dollar transfer kitty in january, I only spent about 7m of that.

Finish the season in 5th place, in the Euro League, and with one of the best offenses in the league. Pablo Osvaldo had a single goal in 17 league appearances when I got in, he had 15 goals in the second half of the league season under me.

So, im expecting at least 17.5 million again as we'll have to buy players to get to europe, as it stands, guly de prado is my second string right winger, ha.

They end up giving me LESS than the money I had kept in the bank. Somehow I am supposed to take this team through a long europa league campaign with 20 or so players?

AHHHHHHHHH..

This makes me want to quit immediately and start a save with arsenal, ha.

View attachment 429941View attachment 429940

If you only need depth players check the free transfers, you might also be able to find some good players.

Actually, their budget depends on how much profit was made previously. So, if it was big losses, you'll have a reduced budget. Especially so, because sponsorship money is somehow less for Soton, even after becoming the most powerful club. :\

But anyhow, If you are in good standing with the board, ask for more funds. If they reject, leak to press. They should give you more money. This is a double-edged sword, because if you're not in good standing with them, they may become unhappy with you and fire you, so think about it. I got around 11 Million$ in my 3rd season. Asked board for funds, they turned me down, leaked to press, and got around 50 Million$ budget.

You could easily strengthen the team with 6m and that wage budget, sell like Ramirez and you'll get 25m for him, then Ward-Prowse can slot right in.